Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove wallet from fitbit after latest update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Before the most recent update of the ionic I had removed the wallet app from my fitbit. I recently installed the latest firmwear update. Now wallet is back on my ionic. When I look on my mobile device the wallet app is not listed so I can not remove it. 

If (on my mobile device) I go to search for apps and I search for wallet it tells me I need to download the latest firmwear (which I have) to be able to install wallet. 

I tried doing a factory reset and I get the same problem. 

I just want remove the app from my ionic as I never use it. 

thanks

I just want to get the wallet app off my ionic as I do not use it. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok @rayh1p on the watch 

• Swipe to settings and tap
  • Swipe down to Shortcuts and tap
  • You can configure what a long press and a double press will bring up. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Are you asking about wallet in the list of apps on the Versa 2? If so then you would remove it like any other app. 

If your referring to the wallet when holding on the left button, then no. This can not be removed. 

Best Answer

I want to remove the wallet app from the list of apps on my watch (the ionic, not the Versa). The app does not appear in my list of apps on my phone (so I can not uninstall), but it is still on my watch.

-spg 

Best Answer

How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

Learn how to customize your watch with additional apps from the Fitbit App Gallery.

If the app doesn't appear in the Fitbit app, try a sync of the ionic. 
Try rearranging two apps, this might force a refresh of the app list. 
Or try adding the wallet then remove the wallet. 
The actual wallet does not get removed when the wallet app is removed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly none of these solutions worked. I have (synced my ionic several times). I even performed a factory reset and the same problem persists. I tried reordering apps on my ionic and it did nothing. 

As I mentioned in the original post If I try to add wallet from my mobile device I get a message saying I need to update my ionic to use the app, but my ionic is up to date. This all started after downloading the newest firmware update. The app had been un-installed previously. After the firmware update it reappeared on my watch, but my mobile device does not seem to know it is there. 

Best Answer

This exact problem just happened to me. No wallet in my list of apps on my phone, but it appeared after latest firmware update. Any idea how to delete it? I'd like to not have it on the Ionic and it's not in my app list of apps.

Best Answer

Was this ever resolved? I dont want to use the wallet function because it regularly showed up on the screen for no reason so dont think it is safe. I cannot delete from my app list as it doesnt appear there. Still an icon on my watch though.

Best Answer

Hi @rayh1p are you asking about the wallet while holding the button in? This wallet can not be removed. 

Best Answer

Sometimes when I turn on the watch the wallet is 'open' so just wanted to stop that happening so was hoping to take it off the app list the way you can do that for others. 

Best Answer

Ok @rayh1p on the watch 

• Swipe to settings and tap
  • Swipe down to Shortcuts and tap
  • You can configure what a long press and a double press will bring up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great thanks a mil

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked!!! Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the problem - when you set up your wallet, it asks you to create a pin code.  Once you do that - you can no longer access your fit bit to get to settings without entering the passcode/pin.  My problem is that when i go to press the numbers for the pin, the fit bit doesn't respond; making it impossible to access my wallet or my daily steps, etc.  my fit bit is currently inoperable due to the addition of this app.  - any ideas??? 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Best Answer

When setting up the wallet, the user has a choice to make with the pin code. 

Set the pin to protect the tracker, or set the pin to protect only fitbit pay. 

If set to protect only fitbit pay, the pin will only be needed when using fitbit pay. 

A user can go into their wallet setting and set the pin for only fitbit pay. 

Fitbit suggests to protect the whole tracker, which to me makes no sense, since before adding fitbit pay no pin code is ever needed. 

BTW I have my Charge. 4 to my brother without removing Fitbit pay. 

Months later when he setup a new pin code, fitbit disabled my wallet on his tracker. So yes, your virtual card is secure 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The wallet app is integrated into the fitbit OS thing. Can't be removed from watch.  

Best Answer

True, but on most trackers, the wallet can be removed from the quick menu 

Best Answer

The wallet icon shows up on the fitbit HOWEVER the app is NOT loaded in my phone! I do NOT use the wallet and would like it GONE. The above people are saying the same exact issue. 

Best Answer