Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set intervals?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! 

So I'm starting this plan of walk/run intervals and some of the workouts start with a walking interval so I was trying to set my Ionic's interval workout to have the rest interval first. I couldn't do it and somehow deleted one of the intervals. I checked the post that said I could get it back from the PC dashboard, but now both intervals are called "rest". Also, the PC dashboard  settings seem to sync to my watch, but not the app. I have no idea how to rename the intervals.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @wishiwasapanda, it's nice to see you here! 

To set your intervals, choose a section below. Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Tap Interval Workout. If Interval Workout isn’t listed in the menu, you’ll need to add it to your exercise shortcuts. For step-by-step instructions, see How do I customize the exercises on my Fitbit device?
  4. Set your intervals.

Fitbit.com Dashboard:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right corner.
  2. Click Settings > Devices. If you have more than one device, choose Charge 2, Ionic or Versa.
  3. Scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts and find Interval Workout. If Interval Workout isn’t listed, you need to add it to your shortcuts: click Edit Exercise Shortcuts > check the box next to Interval Workout > click Save.
  4. Scroll down and set your intervals.

Keep in mind the interval lengths and total number of rounds you set will remain as the default options until you change them. If you do the same workout often, you don’t need to set the intervals each time.

When you should begin moving, your tracker will vibrate and the dimmed screen will light up and shows the word "move". When it’s time to recover, your tracker will vibrate again and you’ll see the word “rest” on your screen. This pattern repeats until you complete all rounds.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  3. Tap Interval Workout. If Interval Workout isn’t listed in the menu, you’ll need to add it to your exercise shortcuts. For step-by-step instructions, see How do I customize the exercises on my Fitbit device?
  4. Set your intervals.

Fitbit.com Dashboard:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right corner.
  2. Click Settings > Devices. If you have more than one device, choose Charge 2, Ionic or Versa.
  3. Scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts and find Interval Workout. If Interval Workout isn’t listed, you need to add it to your shortcuts: click Edit Exercise Shortcuts > check the box next to Interval Workout > click Save.

Keep in mind the interval lengths and total number of rounds you set will remain as the default options until you change them. If you do the same workout often, you don’t need to set the intervals each time.

When you should begin moving, your tracker will vibrate and the dimmed screen will light up and shows the word "move". When it’s time to recover, your tracker will vibrate again and you’ll see the word “rest” on your screen. This pattern repeats until you complete all rounds.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Do these settings only work for the fitbit ionic? Is there a way to set intervals for a fitbit alta hr?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Hdonaldcannon. Yes, the instructions provided above will work for Ionic or the watches that have the interval workout. There's no option to add it to an Alta HR. 

You can double check if you have the interval workout in your watch by going to your online Dashboard > settings > interval workout. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I set intervals on my fitbit one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@slh27523 

No, not possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible on an Alta?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I set intervals this way but the changes aren’t syncing to my ionic. Any advice? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

you can find this on settings.  Go to the gear icon on the main dash.  Click your device with the battery indicator in the drop down of settings.  On left you will see your device settings so click to open that and scroll down for interval settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have been trying to add intervals, but when I press the add button nothing happens? Could you help? I have a charge 2. 

thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leo-23 A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Please confirm you're doing this procedure to add the Interval Workout to your tracker. If you would like to edit the move and rest time, you'll need to edit this on the online Dashboard or Fitbit app by doing the following: 

- Go to your online Dashboard 

- Tap on your profile picture > choose settings 

- Look for the Interval Workout > edit Move and Rest 

- Sync your tracker 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you remove a "move" interval, is there a way to add additional intervals back in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KritnE Welcome back to the Fitbit Community. I'll be happy to clarify your inquiry. 

When your "Move and Rest" settings have been changed in the Fitbit app or online Dashboard, they won't be editable in the watch, you need to make changes in the app or online Dashboard. Learn more about it by checking this article

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible to set intervals so they start from Rest? I cant seem to do it on both app and desktop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dagens Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the research done prior to posting. 

Currently the Interval Workout will start with Move and then with the Rest time set. If you'd like that this could be customized, post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

Hope to see your idea on the board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is is possible to change the settings in the app to show the distances in my intervals vs. calories? I used the interval setting instead of the walk setting this morning to create custom intervals (instead of using C25k with my phone and tracking the total with my Ionic.)

I can see interval distance on the Ionic during the work out, but what I really need is to be able to see those stats after my workout so I can track my pace in my run intervals vs. my walk intervals. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set this up under the devices tab under my online dashboard per instructions and it appeared to work. I have a Versa 3. I logged out. I synced on my mobile phone. I went to the watch to use this exercise category but the factory defaults were still in there. Does FitBit need to do nightly file maintenance to update this on my mobile app? Should I just wait until tomorrow? thank you for your help.

Best Answer

@Sunology Welcome back to the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for the details mentioned. I appreciate the steps performed prior to posting.

When your settings are edited, your Fitbit device needs to sync to apply the changed. I was able to see that you have a case with our Support team. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

4. Set your intervals.

Fitbit.com Dashboard:

Keep in mind the interval lengths and total number of rounds you set will remain as the default options until you change them. If you do the same workout often, you don’t need to set the intervals each time. tellthebell

This works really well for me, thank you! Facing same issue here. Help is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes