Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I track a GPS walk with Fitbit Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to track a walk with GPS on the Ionic like you can track a run? I run 2 days a week and walk 3-4 days each week. I have to track my mileage while walking with my phone because my Ionic tracking is not accurate using the auto detect. A HUGE part of me choosing the Ionic over the Versa was for the built-in GPS so that I no longer have to take my phone with me. That works for my runs but not while walking. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mamato5Boys, hope you're doing great! Thanks for sharing the link my friend @jwebb72, nice way to go! Smiley Very Happy

You can configure the exercises available on your device to show only the exercises that interest you. If a specific exercise isn’t available, we recommend choosing Workout as your exercise type.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. To add a new shortcut, tap the + icon and select an exercise (Walk in this case). 
  4. To remove a shortcut, swipe left on an exercise name. 

If you remove an exercise from your device, any existing stats for that exercise that you already tracked are still available in your exercise history.

Fitbit Ionic can automatically track your precise run stats including a GPS map. For more information see, How do I use exercise apps and modes on my Fitbit device?

Give this a go and let us know if that works for you! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the link but how do I actually add/change the exercise options? I've looked everywhere I can think to look and don't see an option to add or remove. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mamato5Boys, hope you're doing great! Thanks for sharing the link my friend @jwebb72, nice way to go! Smiley Very Happy

You can configure the exercises available on your device to show only the exercises that interest you. If a specific exercise isn’t available, we recommend choosing Workout as your exercise type.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. To add a new shortcut, tap the + icon and select an exercise (Walk in this case). 
  4. To remove a shortcut, swipe left on an exercise name. 

If you remove an exercise from your device, any existing stats for that exercise that you already tracked are still available in your exercise history.

Fitbit Ionic can automatically track your precise run stats including a GPS map. For more information see, How do I use exercise apps and modes on my Fitbit device?

Give this a go and let us know if that works for you! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for your help. That worked.

Best Answer

Awesome news @Mamato5BoysWoman Very Happy I'm glad to hear this worked! 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

The GPS while walking is not working for me either.  Disappointing that I need to use my phone as well.  I'll test your solved solution tomorrow.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure thing @THEMOMMA! Let me know the outcome, I'll be around! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

How do I get ionic to to sinq I have changed app to recognize the walk on phone but watch won’t update

Best Answer
0 Votes

this answer continues to be repeated but is not the right answer and is not helpful.  from the dashboard there is no "account icon"...unless you have some secret place for it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

brutal, why is there an app and a fitbit web dashboard...so confusing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exercise setup can be done using Fitbit smart app on your phone . 

But after a year and few months some part of your watch will die with no respite

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which solution??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walk is not an option in the fitbit app. Run, Bike, Treadmill, Weights, Interval Workout, Workout, Swim are the only options.

Best Answer
0 Votes