Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off what I think are exercise notifications?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After updating my ionic  software, I get frequent vibrations/notifications if I am in the middle of an exercise activity that I am tracking.  Not sure what they are and I can't figure out how to turn them off.  I don't want to know if I've reached a certain heart rate or whatever it's trying to tell me -- I only want notifications for text and phone calls.  Cannot find a way to end these.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think those are heart rate zone notifications telling you when you change zones, perhaps different # of beeps depending on the zone.  I haven't used a Ionic for quite a while so not sure where the setting is for that.  Assuming you are using the Exercise App, after you select the exercise but before starting it, I think there is a place to change settings for just that activity type, maybe a gear icon. Within that look for 'Zone Notifications' and set to 'Off'.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I think those are heart rate zone notifications telling you when you change zones, perhaps different # of beeps depending on the zone.  I haven't used a Ionic for quite a while so not sure where the setting is for that.  Assuming you are using the Exercise App, after you select the exercise but before starting it, I think there is a place to change settings for just that activity type, maybe a gear icon. Within that look for 'Zone Notifications' and set to 'Off'.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Thank you! I think that worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  I hadn't noticed the gear icon on that screen.  I will test it but I am pretty sure that will have fixed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this. I have just spent 40 mins of my life on webchat with support about this following a full factory reset of my ionic. They are now asking me to confirm how to do it. Lesson learnt for me to always check in here first. You are a star

Best Answer