Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the PIN (Device Lock)?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my new Fitbit Ionic and I was playing around with it.  I enabled the PIN and now i'd like to disable it, but I cannot find a way to do that. I had gone through the wallet app, but did not enter a credit card.  I tried uninstalling the wallet app, but I still don't see a way to remove/disable the PIN.  I can reset the PIN, but not disable it.  How can I disable it so I don't have to enter it in if I don't want/need payments? 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Device Lock does not show up on my app.

Best Answer

Fitbit Ionic user, using Android Fitbit App.  I too made the mistake of enabling the Wallet app, only to find I have to constantly unlock my Ionic with the horrible number keypad on the screen.  There is no way to disable once enabled if you are using the Android Fitbit app.  This is a fatal flaw for the Ionic.  Ionic is my 4th fitbit, but this dumb flaw makes it the worst of the Fitbits I have owned.

Best Answer

hello.  i was just having this same problem.  android 8+. this is how i fixed it.  setup pin lock screen for my phone itself (had just swipe unlock before).  went back to app and clicked on pin.  it will now let you go into that pin setting and disable! then went back and changed phone lock screen settings to whatever i had before

Best Answer

re-set the pin and then it gives you the option of turning it off

Best Answer
Thanks, took care of this awhile ago. My current issue is transferring music and getting Strava to communicate.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes using your phones pin number if you have one is the right way to access the pin lock unlock feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Set up a pin on your phone then open the fitbit app and go to the pin setting and it will give you the option to disable and then you can remove the phone pin 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.  I was able to disable my PIN by entering in my android Phone's PIN; then selecting the option to "disable" the PIN; within the Fitbit app.  I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! It worked. ❤

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your welcome 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just fixed mine - the problem is that the instructions at the beginning of this thread say to click on the wrong icon - click on the Ionic watch icon and then scroll down and you will find "disable"

Best Answer
0 Votes

click on the ionic watch icon and not the other icon - then you will find disable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution is incorrect for the ionic - click on the Ionic watch icon and then you will find the disable button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was trying to disable from my laptop, Then went to mobile and turned it off with no problem..thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disabling the device lock worked! THANK YOU!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! This was driving me crazy.  I was able to set it only for the Wallet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Fitbit app it says Device Lock "Enabled for Fitbit Pay" even though I don't use Fitbit Pay. When I try to remove it, it shows two options "enabled" or "disabled". I click disabled, and then there are two options, to either click the cross in the corner, or click "change PIN" - both of these cause the change to not be commited. i.e. it still says "enabled for fitbit pay". Is this a bug? How do I disable the PIN please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you get the message about setting up device security go put a pin or pattern on the device temporarily. It will then kick you back in to the fitbit app once that is completed and you will have the option to disable the lock there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did it,  it was turned when wallet installed,  uninstalled wallet, 

And didn't realize one more step to disable lock screen as only for wallet which uninstalled equals never! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

when i do that i get a notification that says,    the operation couldn't be completed. (FBBluetoothEr-rorDomain error 8.)      Anyone know how to fix this ????

Best Answer
0 Votes