Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason my app says that I did not reach my hourly goals but yet my Ionic device shows I met 10 of 10. I have restarted my device atleast 4 times... unpaired and then repaired...also tried on my laptop to no avail. It also did not record a LOT of my active minutes! However, I think that is because it wasn't detecting my heart rate.                                      Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot_20180124-210556.png

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @EricO, welcome to the Community forums, and thank you for all the details @DarcyM

I'm sorry to see that you've been experiencing difficulties to sync, before considering other options, please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here below; they have been useful to other users: 

• Check the compatibility of the mobile device being used to sync or to update. 
  • Make sure you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps here
  • Follow the steps here for difficulty to complete firmware update.

@DarcyM, could you please provide more details on what you've experienced? Are you getting any specific error messages while syncing or trying to update? Let is know if you've followed the steps mentioned previously as well. 

Keep us posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
51 REPLIES 51
@MelindaKaye wrote:

For some reason my app says that I did not reach my hourly goals but yet my Ionic device shows I met 10 of 10. I have restarted my device atleast 4 times... unpaired and then repaired...also tried on my laptop to no avail. It also did not record a LOT of my active minutes! However, I think that is because it wasn't detecting my heart rate.                                      Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot_20180124-210556.png

I have just noticed the same issue with mine. I have also noticed that it is syncing my daily steps on the app accurately, but when I see what has synced to the multiple challenges I am taking part in, the data is all wrong - I have done just short of 40000 steps since the challenges commenced on Monday, but the challenge data is only recording just over 13000!! Very bizarre!!

Best Answer

Wow, that would frustrate me to no end! I hope they get it figured out

Best Answer

This happens to me sometimes, too! Is this a known issue?

Best Answer

Having this issue too.  Ionic has correct step count and hourly activity but when syncing to app hourly activity does not sync at all (shows 0/12).  Also, intermittently loosing heart rate monitoring. And lastly the widget for my step count is not accurate either (accurate once within app but widget stuck at step count when ionic last manually added to app)!  I can force a sync of all data if I remove the ionic from app and start fresh. Very frustrating as I have had to manually remove my ionic from app each night to get data to transfer!! 

Best Answer

Same issue - ionic says 12/12 but sync to app and it says 6/12. Annoying!!  Total steps is correct though??

Best Answer

I have fixed my problems by selecting "Always Connected" and "Keep-Alive Widget" within the Ionic General Settings. Working seamlessly now! Hope that helps! 

Best Answer
Thanks...but I don't understand where these settings are! I can't find them? On the device? Or mobile app?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this is a know problem because the Ionic have problem with the Sync. Please join the club.

Best Answer
0 Votes

These settings are located in the Fitbit App.These settings are located in the Fitbit App.

wrote:
Thanks...but I don't understand where these settings are! I can't find them? On the device? Or mobile app?

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

Missing first hour of activity on the app, but shows as completed on the Ionic. Am using always connected settings as described, but needed to turn off bluetooth during the day for a couple of hours. This should not have affected the first hour of the day - which was completed well before the end of the hour.  All the rest are showing completed which is correct. Tries resetting the device as well as removing it from the app and re-adding it. Still not correct in the app. Grrr!!!

Best Answer

Same issue here, multiple issues with Fitbit the last year. Synching not accurate of hourly activity. My app says I didn’t meet it but my Ionic says I did. Also, my daily goal streak during challenges is always a day off. I met 4/5 days and it says 3 only. Not sure if they can fix it or know it is an issue to begin with.

Best Answer

@MAJ-Brown Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post your experience on this thread regarding the Fitbit app not showing the hourly activity and daily goal streak correctly.

Are you still experiencing the same? In this case, if you haven't done so already, I'd recommend updating the Fitbit app to its latest version (version 2.79 for iOS devices). This should certainly help you out with this.

If you keep experiencing the same afterwards; try logging out from the Fitbit app, rebooting your phone, and logging back in. That could also help you out with this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic has the same problem- tracker shows hourly activity but it doesn’t jive in the app. I have rebooted my phone, logged out and back in, restarted tracker, all to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me. Yesterday my Ionic showed I moved 250+ steps for all 7 of my hours which is accurate. But when I view the app on my phone and Ipad, it shows only 5 of 7 hours of activity. This is a consistent issue. I have only had my Ionic for a few months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@alucynda Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post the situation you are experiencing with your hourly activity graph not matching Ionic. 

Fitbit is aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mine for a couple of days and experiencing the same issue which I didn't have with the cheaper charge 2. 

Best Answer

I have spent countless hours with this Ionic trying to get it to sync, pair, update and just in general work the way it is supposed to.  It has been very frustrating and makes me want to chuck it.  The only luck I have is when I do a factory reset.  Even then - it only works for a few weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @EricO, welcome to the Community forums, and thank you for all the details @DarcyM

I'm sorry to see that you've been experiencing difficulties to sync, before considering other options, please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here below; they have been useful to other users: 

• Check the compatibility of the mobile device being used to sync or to update. 
  • Make sure you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps here
  • Follow the steps here for difficulty to complete firmware update.

@DarcyM, could you please provide more details on what you've experienced? Are you getting any specific error messages while syncing or trying to update? Let is know if you've followed the steps mentioned previously as well. 

Keep us posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue with my brand new Versa as well.  Is there a resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes