Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does watch normally last?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In July of 2018 I purchased my Ionic.  In May of 2021 my Ionic stopped working.  Fitbit deemed my watch defective and outside the warranty time frame.  So other than a 35% discount on a new watch there was nothing more for them to do.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I have issues with purchasing a watch for a few hundred dollars and it not lasting even 3 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

We've had the same issue.  Wife and I each got an Ionic, both had issues in first 6 months.  Fitbit was very good at replacing.  But now my wife's has died and mine is having issues, not even 2 years later.  I am seriously considering just going to Garmin, I use both now, in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had trouble with previous models of fitbit and almost stopped buying fitbit because of it. But my ionic has lasted a long time. As much use/abuse as it takes, I'm at 4 years and feel good with it. I don't know about other fitness brands but I have to think the sweat and chlorine get to all of them over time. 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Exactly the same as me, bought in 2018 and now won't keep charge at all. If Fitbit think that I'm prepared to spend a load of money again on a device that only lasts 3 years max they are mistaken. I'll be changing brands if they don't make it worth my while. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From my experience it lasts less than two years. I purchased my original Ionic in December 2017 and it died after an update in September 2019.

Fitbit sent me a (refurbished) replacement after some back and forth and that one is now also giving problems. GPS tracking has become all but useless as it needs at least 15 min to find a signal if it can establish a connection at all. Also sleep tracking and distance measuremnts seem to be off.

I've tried 2- and 3-button resets and resetting the watch to factory settings, synching with different phones and OS (iOS and Android) but to no avail.

I've been using Fitbit devices since 2014 and was very happy with them until all these problems with the Ionics happened and I'm not sure if I will spend money again on one of their devices.

Best Answer

Mine is 3.5 years old, and I just noticed in the last couple of weeks, it's not holding a charge very long any more.  Used to get 4-5 days from a charge, but now it drops 50% in 24 hours.  Agree with the above, not going to spend big bucks on a FitBit ever again.  We all know lith ion batteries don't last forever, but for the price, this should have lasted longer.

Best Answer