Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Access Swim Tracking Lap Time & Pace Data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how to access the time and pace data for swim activity?

I can view it in the summary data on my watch when I end the activity; each lap will have a time and pace against it, but once I click "Done" it's gone and I get can't to the information via the app or online.

I have started writing it down before clearing it from the watch, but surely if it's recording it the data can be stored somewhere?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@pjh1975, after you sync your Ionic to the app, the information should be available in the Exercise tile of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for your reply. All I can see in the app is the calories per lap... do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Best Answer

@pjh1975 once you have tapped the exercise tile, tap the swim you want to look at then select the far right tab (lengths) for the number of laps and distance. 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I don't have a far right tab. I tap the swim I want to look at and get this:

swim.png

Best Answer

Identical problem for me, would love to find a solution! 

Best Answer

Were you ever able to resolve this?

Best Answer

No not yet, would love to figure it out.

Best Answer

Hi,

I’m facing the same issue. Any updates on this?

Thanks.

Best Answer

No update unfortunately, still having the same issue. Any help greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the club !  The Ionic App is a joke...

Same problem with Hiking where it doesn't show elevation.  The watch measures it but the app doesn't report it.  Is is an essential parameter when hiking.  Well !!!!  

Instead it looks like the app developers feel it is more important to show calories.  Yes, I'm interested in knowing how many calories I burned in an exercise session but I don't need to know how many calories I'm burning at a given moment...

Best Answer

I have asked for same swim lapse timing information to be available on the app since i bought the ionic watch a few months back and there will be a new update on the app by december 2018.  Frustrating not able to see the lapse time.

Also i am unable to set monthly run distance goal!  

the app is extremely rigid and inferior, pale in comparison to the watch though.

hopefully someone from fitbit will read our thread and give a reply!

Best Answer

I really hope there is an update in Dec 2018 - it is so frustrating.  How can the watch record that data and then lose it all when you get to the app. Plus it always says I'm doing backstroke when I am doing freestyle?  And it doesn't record when I am using the flutterboard to kick across the pool.

Best Answer

Does the fitbit developer even read all this posting???  Are they not keen in improving their apps and users experience?  frustrating!

Best Answer

I agree, it’s crazy that the watch clearly records lap times and calculates pace information for swimming but once saved on the watch there is no way to see this information.

whats even worse is that there is no response from fitbit about this.

wish i’d gone Garmin!

Best Answer

Today was even worse... I swam for 54 minutes- the ionic did manage to record ‘total time’, which, to be honest, so did the clock on the wall!!!!! 

But I have no idea why it only recorded approximately half of the lengths and therefore metres that I swam... 🤷‍:female_sign:

Its really rubbish. Definitely not a snatch watch!! More like a stupid watch!!

Best Answer

It definitely doesn’t track kicking laps. Wish I could download a spreadsheet with each lap data. The graph doesn’t to much for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree! One of the most useless app I have ever experienced!  My last watch and app was a tomtom one and the app has the perfect GUI for sport people like us! I switched over because of the phone memory for music when running!  Fitbit is going to join Nokia is the museum very soon!

Best Answer

Have you tried either the MySwimPro or Workout Genius apps? My next workout is tonight so haven’t tried either one yet, but they seem to display a lot more data than FitBit. Will update...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The watch said to sync and go to the app to review all lap information.  But the. No lap times.....

Has had this really been an issue for almost 3 years?   Is this for. Monitored by Fitbit?   Or should we be raising issues instead?

Best Answer