Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I measure my racquetball activity?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'd suggest you use the workout in the exercise app and then change the name to racquetball in the app afterwards. You will need to create a custom activity for racquetball in the website dashboard as I doubt it is on Fitbit's list.

ADDING A CUSTOM ACTIVITY
First you have to know how many calories you burn in your activity. You can google calorie calculators

Then go to the Fitbit website Dashboard (not the app) and tap the top of the Recent Exercise tile. A little thing will drop down on the bottom of the tile. Tap See More which is on the right side. A new page comes up. Move right to the bottom of this new page to the box titled Activities which is on the right side at the bottom. On the bottom of this box, in blue and small print it says Create Custom Activity. Tap that and a box comes up. Put in the title of the Activity and then fill in the start time and duration of you latest session, fill in the calories burnt and hit log. You have now created your custom activity. Bit of a trial, but you only have to do it that way once.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

I would just wear it.  I played pickle ball for 1.5 hours a few weeks ago and it registered 90 minutes of exercise activity as a "sport", with full HBM measurement, etc., registered for an exercise event, and sent me a push notification to my phone congratulating me on the sport activity.  Pretty cool!.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What @Ericws said, the autodetection feature is pretty cool. If you instead prefer to keep your raquetball sessions separate and since there is no requetball activity among the available exercise you might select something similar such as Tennis.

Best Answer

I'd suggest you use the workout in the exercise app and then change the name to racquetball in the app afterwards. You will need to create a custom activity for racquetball in the website dashboard as I doubt it is on Fitbit's list.

ADDING A CUSTOM ACTIVITY
First you have to know how many calories you burn in your activity. You can google calorie calculators

Then go to the Fitbit website Dashboard (not the app) and tap the top of the Recent Exercise tile. A little thing will drop down on the bottom of the tile. Tap See More which is on the right side. A new page comes up. Move right to the bottom of this new page to the box titled Activities which is on the right side at the bottom. On the bottom of this box, in blue and small print it says Create Custom Activity. Tap that and a box comes up. Put in the title of the Activity and then fill in the start time and duration of you latest session, fill in the calories burnt and hit log. You have now created your custom activity. Bit of a trial, but you only have to do it that way once.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks NellyG, I received four Replies to my question and yours was the best!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I will do better in the next competition! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TBonz wrote:

Thanks NellyG, I received four Replies to my question and yours was the best!

Wow. Harsh on us, Giampi!  But the auto-detect thing is real.

Sorry I let you down, TB.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tennis is similar to the racquetball, more or less, only for the racquet shape, It is not the same.

I am 94kg in  Racquetball I burn 900 calories per hour, in Tennis 700 per hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks NellyG , great suggestion!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes