Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to plan and track cross ski activity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello what do you recommend to plan and track cross skiing activity? I want to see my planned route and track distance / pace with GPS.

Thank you!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Muffon Welcome to the Fitbit family! Currently, it is not possible to track cross skiing using GPS. There is an option to manually track it, which works pretty well, but that won't show a map. 

What you could try is using the "Run" option on the Exercise App on your Ionic while doing cross skiing. The data may not be accurate, but you will have a map of your route. You should try, it may work!

Also, please vote for this feature suggestion which is asking to include skiing as a GPS activity.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Muffon Welcome to the Fitbit family! Currently, it is not possible to track cross skiing using GPS. There is an option to manually track it, which works pretty well, but that won't show a map. 

What you could try is using the "Run" option on the Exercise App on your Ionic while doing cross skiing. The data may not be accurate, but you will have a map of your route. You should try, it may work!

Also, please vote for this feature suggestion which is asking to include skiing as a GPS activity.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi,

I skied today ( cross country ) an used the “bike” exercise mode, and I got what I wanted, distance, puls, speed, etc.. ( the gps wasn’t as precise as the other watch I used. But from what I can see at the forum it’s an issue you are working on with the Ionic? ) But why cant you make it possible to edit the exercise afterwords from “bike” to “cross country skiing? When I do it, it just jumps back to “bike” after a few seconds. 

Is this something that will come in the new updates?

Best Answer
Best Answer

@Furua I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! It could be an alternative to get a map while doing cross country skiing. 

By any chance, did you performed that activity in a place with a lot of tall trees? Also, things like a thick cloud may interfere with the signal. Check this article for more details.

Also, thanks for posting your idea on the Feature Suggestions Board. However, I see that the idea was merged to an existent feature. You may like to be more specific and post that you want cross country skiing as an exercise shortcut. That way, the idea will not be merged to the "Existent" feature. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer