Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set weather location ?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

how to set weather locations (if possible more then 3)  ?

Thanks ,

Michel

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MillysMum I hope you're doing well! I'm really glad to read that the user's manual was helpful for you. Any questions let us know.

Also, feel free to check the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

you type in the city and state into the weather app...3 is the max IIRC

?
Best Answer

I have no wheater application. Either on mobile phone, nor on dashboard https://www.fitbit.com/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you around the forums! Smiley Wink I agree with my friend @Cantryboy.

Some apps, such as Weather, require All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.

To set up the Weather app:

1. Open the Weather app on your watch.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  3. Tap or click Apps.
  4. Tap or click the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  5. By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.
  6. Sync your watch with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your watch.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS?

If you change locations, sync your watch to see your new location in the Weather app.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  • In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  • Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

Hope this helps, let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Dear Maria,

thanks for your effort. The problem was, that I didn't see any application  either on my phone, nor on my PC. It was most probably caused by establishing the bluetooth connection outside of fitbit. After removing the direct bluetooth connection between  ionic and phone I got the application menu.

Thanks a lot,

Michel

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @SunsetRunner! Robot Very Happy I'm glad to hear that you got the application menu.

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a great day! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to set a weather location?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Michaelrime, I'm happy to have a new member around! Man Very Happy In order for the Weather app to work, launch the Weather app on the Fitbit device, then choose the location in the Fitbit App Gallery > Weather

When you change location and the weather hasn’t updated in the new location, remind that you must sync your Fitbit device with your phone for this update to occur.

To use apps such as the Weather app, location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app

By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app. Sync your watch with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your watch.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, double check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

MarreFitbit I’ve just bought the Charge 3 and am just learning how to use it. I saw that you can see the weather on the Fitbit, but despite following all of the instructions I don’t see anything to do with the weather on my Fitbit. Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @MillysMum, it's nice to see a new member here! Thanks a lot for following my tips and recommendations to set up your Weather on your new Charge 3. Smiley Very Happy 

Make sure you have Location Services enabled on your phone. Once it is enabled, sync your tracker and check the Weather app. It should show your city as default.

You can also add 2 additional locations:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > Charge 3 tile.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. Tap Add City to add up to 2 additional locations or tap Edit > the X icon to delete a location. Note that you can't delete your current location.
  5. Sync your tracker with the Fitbit app to see the updated list of locations on your tracker

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS?

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

FITBIT OS 2.1 OR EARLIER

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  2. In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  3. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

FITBIT OS 2.2

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Hope this helps, let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I’ve managed to find it and set it up now. 

I’m just a total beginner with the Fitbit and have found it difficult to find how to use it. I’ve somehow managed to stumble onto the help pages so hopefully I’ll get along better now. Even when you google Fitbit Charge 3 manual it’s not much help. 

Any recommendations you have for tutorials would be gratefully received. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear that you were able to set your Weather on the Charge 3 @MillysMumWoman Very Happy 

All the information and help articles related to Charge 3, can be found here: https://help.fitbit.com/?p=charge_3

The online manual can be also found by clicking here

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about your new tracker, it's always my pleasure to give you a hand on this. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much. That’s a great help. I’ll have a good look through the manual. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MillysMum I hope you're doing well! I'm really glad to read that the user's manual was helpful for you. Any questions let us know.

Also, feel free to check the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I can't actually get the Fitbit app to update my current location. I double checked and I do have location services enabled on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Clayton33lee, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for double checking you have location services enable on your phone. Nice way to go!

I recommend keeping the "all-day sync" turned on so that the Fitbit will pull your weather as often as possible.

Also, if you open up the app to sync, and then go to the Weather tracking screen with the app open, it seems to send the data through at that point? (as if it needs to be pulled through).

Something that happened to me was that changes done on the Fitbit app on my iPhone were not being synced with my Fitbit. So, I tried General>Reset>Reset Location & Privacy on my iPhone, and then everything started working. So, it's fixed and I can start seeing the Weather on my 'Location'.

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I must be missing a step because it will not set up on watch ?

i opened icon on app selected weather and syncing but nothing happens 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @GerriD! Try restarting your watch by following the steps at: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Then, to set up the Weather app:

1. Open the Weather app on your watch.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  3. Tap or click Apps.
  4. Tap or click the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  5. By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.
  6. Sync your watch with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your watch.

Let me know if this time it works! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I set Celsius to Fahrenheit on my watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appear to have everything set up for iPhone "weather" app to share location services, all day synch etc. Yet, the fitbit weather app resolutely refuses to show my current location. It just says "current location" then blank after it. 

I had to manually add my city and a second city, that's fine, I can see the weather in those places, but why does it not name my current location??

Best Answer