Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 lite compatibility isues with ionic addidas addition

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have your premium R5500 watch that refuses to sync with one of the largest phone companies (Huawei P20 lite) South Africa. This is unnacceptable. 

If this does not get sorted out very soon, I will not be sticking with FITBIT and move to more capable fitness watch company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

There is a specific issue with the way Huawei has implemented bluetooth on their "lite" phones which cannot be corrected by fitbit. Fitbit say:

"Due to Bluetooth issues that prevent Huawei Lite models, including P8, P9, and P20 Lite, from syncing with some devices, like Fitbit devices, our products are not compatible with these mobile phones."

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=p8

On this basis I would not expect a resolution any time soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and it's bull**ahem**.

So, what is really strange is that if my Fitbit is plugged in to a charger, I can sync no problem; which makes me think the issue IS fixable from Fitbit's side. Good luck getting a straight answer from them though. 

Best Answer
It's a 2nd year comp sci project with partial functionality and is not
acceptable.

I have to sync with my iPad now...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. I believe that if Fitbit put some effort in, this issue can be resolved. Whats the use of paying a premium for this watch and it cant sync with a popular phone?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to this, the Ionic syncs perfectly when first added to the Fitbit app. All notifications work for a few hours, then everything stops. How is it that this cannot be resolved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes