Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IONIC Plain And Simple

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is what you get when the public are used as beta testers for their product.

We’re currently experiencing an issue which can cause the Fitbit app for Android to consume a large amount of mobile data, and/or increased battery drain on mobile devices. Engineers are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Read more.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody.

Thank you for all your input about this topic. A new app version (2.74.1) for Android devices has been just released. This app version addresses the issue you are currently experiencing. It can be downloaded through this link. If you have any questions please ask them in this thread. We would appreciate if you check out the Fitbit Community Guidelines when posting any comment.

I will close this thread to avoid any misunderstanding.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

This is incorrect. The problem is not on Ionic but on the app that manages all trackers. so, yes, there is problem but the subject is misleading.

Best Answer

@Giampi71 you have your opinion; I have mine. You are incorrect and that is my opinion. Why don't you re-read what the subject contains before making your comment. "IONIC" in the "IONIC" forum posting. If it's an app SO WHAT? It still affected my IONIC and killed it. Oh and one last thing, I'm not the one who posted that quote or have you not seen it plastered in pink all over their community forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Made-in-808 please re-read the banner again, the one ypu misquoted. 

It is the Android Fitbit app. not the ionic that is causing extra power drain to the phone battery. 

If your ionic has a battery issue, it is not related to this android phone battery drain issue .

You mention that your running beta software, if so then you are aware that their may be a few problems. However this is a problem with the standard app. 

I'm running the Fitbit Beta androod app and my phone also is reporting a heavy battery usage of the Fitbit app. 

BTW the main thread on this subject is on the Android board pinned smack on the top, you can not miss it .

Best Answer

Sorry @Made-in-808 please re-read the banner again. 

The message you misquoted is about a battery drain issue on the android Fitbit appcausing the phone battery to die 

If your Ionic battery is draining to fast, your ionic issue is not related to tye Android App battery drain issue.

You mention that your running beta software, if so then you are aware that their may be a few problems. However this is a problem with the standard app. 

I'm running the Fitbit Beta androod app and my phone also is reporting a heavy battery usage of the Fitbit app. 

BTW the main thread on this subject is on the Android board pinned smack on the top, you can not miss it .

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue do you honestly think "mr legend in his own mind" that I was actually referring to the beta software that I'm using? Get real dude. That was a figure of speech to this piece of trash product that I have thankfully migrated away from but, I'm not finish with what I have to say about this company (check their stock...wait, do you some?...sorry for you). This is plain and simple a foul up on FB part and if you are a part it you are the problem too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure who me legend, in his own mind is .Mr recovery runner. 

This is just a rank biased on how many posts a person makes. 

As for a foul up on fitbits part .without knowing what your triggering to, I'm not comenting

I assume yoiyhave already contacted Fitbit and not simply the community of Fitbit users who as fellow Fitbit users (not fitbit employees) have offered their help .

Best Answer

Hello everybody.

Thank you for all your input about this topic. A new app version (2.74.1) for Android devices has been just released. This app version addresses the issue you are currently experiencing. It can be downloaded through this link. If you have any questions please ask them in this thread. We would appreciate if you check out the Fitbit Community Guidelines when posting any comment.

I will close this thread to avoid any misunderstanding.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer