Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IONIC lights up when moving the wrist

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to disable the feature that causes the Ionic to  light up every time I move my arm/wrist... It is disturbingly bright during the night. Can anyone tell me how to do this? 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Swipe right on the clock screen and turn "Screen Wake" Off.

Swipe left to the Settings App and you can also control the brightness of the screen and how long the screen stays lit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Swipe right on the clock screen and turn "Screen Wake" Off.

Swipe left to the Settings App and you can also control the brightness of the screen and how long the screen stays lit.

Best Answer

Baam! Thank you so much - it worked! Much appreciated...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the ionic and it won't swipe right from the clock so I can turn it off.  The settings only allows me to dim it some. Any other suggestions would be appreciated please.  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AZgirl602If you have updated with the latest OS2 you hold the left button down and then swipe right to left.. then change the option to manual..

If you have Fitbit Pay activated that will appear first, but still swipe..

@AZgirl602 wrote:

I have the ionic and it won't swipe right from the clock so I can turn it off.  The settings only allows me to dim it some. Any other suggestions would be appreciated please.  Thank you

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I can't swipe right, did anyone figure out how to stop the ionic from lighting up when moving your wrist?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold down the button on the left then swipe right. It took me a couple of attempts but this should bring up the option aforementioned 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please note: On some Ionics, it might require a long press of the left button to get to the menu, rather than a right swipe. I was trying to help out my father in law with this same problem, and right swipe from the clock screen did nothing, but long press of the left button got us to the correct menu. I'm not sure if this is different from the original poster/answerer's version.

Best Answer
0 Votes