Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iconic Not Turning On

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My a little bit over a year old Iconic would not start: tried to charge it on 2 cables and multiple USB ports, tried to hold left and bottom buttons at the same time, contacted support and tried factory reset...nothing worked.

This is a payed replacement (used a 50% off discount when my last Fitbit tracer's (a Charge) band was falling apart and it is totally dead now. Fitbit support tells me that they do not have a repair center and my warranty is out.

Very disappointed!

Any help and options possible?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Format

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@zeweis Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with Ionic not turning on. Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this, It's unfortunate to read that the resolution given by customer support was not the best for you.

Did customer support offered anything else to get you back on track? Fitbit does not have any repair centers so the support team provide different resolutions to get you back on track. 

I'd recommend to keep your contact with customer support and let them know everything you have tried so they can gather more information to provide a solution.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiRAll your service representative could (or would in this case) do was to offer me a 25% off for a new one....this is unacceptable because the Ionic I have was a replacement (with 50% off) of a defected Charge, which turned bad within a months of use. So in less than 2 years (Charge from March 2017 to Oct 2017 and Ionic from Nov 2017 to 2 days ago (Feb 2019)) two of two of your most expensive products failed on me and that's a 100% defect rate.

Now I can do nothing but to spend more $$$ to buy a 3rd tracker from you? One more time: this is UNACCEPATBLE!

All I need is a simple fitness tracker that can track sleep, HR and GPS and last longer than just a few month. When you sell a product that costs few hundred dollars each your customers expect it would last a few years instead of months.

I work for a large corporation and we recommend your products internally for employee's fitness tracking. If your products' quality and customer service levels are like this then I will provide my feedbacks to my folks and reconsider our internal messages on tracking devices.

Again, all I need is a tracker that works and lasts, and this time I WILL NOT spend any more money to buy a new one from you. Hope you understand my situation and can work out a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One typo: My Charge lasted a few months instead of one month: March 2016 to Oct 2016, 8 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really feel your pain,  I went through many Ionics in a little over a year which is terrible.

My friend bought me the new Charge the other day and I was mad at first,  but it was a gift.

How this watch responds will be interesting to say the least.  Fitbit 100% lost me in terms of investing in their higher end products moving forward. The next fitness watch I purchase will be one of the many other options out there that are cheaper and more sturdy.

The problem with fitbits products is they're not made very well and prone to many issues.  They really aren't made for serious people whom rely on them everyday and are dedicated.  My friend has a garmen vivoactive she bought almost 4 years ago and it's still running just as the day she bought it.  Fitbit can't offer that with any watch they've every put out.  I also had a surge and they lasted about 6 months as well typically before they messed up. 

The big issue is how they're made. they're just not very tough and don't hold up to being used daily. I still have a surge I keep as a backup when my ionic failed and it still works but I only wear it for a week or so while I replacing my other failed fitbit products..

The biggest issue I have though is with the IONIC. it's a $300 watch and won't last but a few months in many cases. This is is 100% not acceptable. The one year warranty is standard on most products, but in most cases products will last three years at least on average while the Ionic doesn't usually beat out the warranty and that is a huge problem.  People just don't like hearing that there is watch is not under a warranty anymore at 13 months.  If you read the forums, there are way too many people who have failed ionics or even multiple around the 12 month mark.  I personally had two in which they lasted  6 months or so each..  I have a nearly new Ionic sitting next to me I can't use because the screen is unreadable after 6 months use and one month out of warranty.

Best Answer