Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iconic watch, calories and steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every day at night I checked that I burn 4000 or 5000 calories and I made 15000 steps, which is cannot be even if we are super fit Person. I don't know if this kind of sports watch are accurate or not ????.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It’s possible, but only if you burn a lot of calories cycling or swimming. Yesterday i burned 3500 calories cycling 100 miles, for a total of 5500+ calories for the day. Roughly 16,800 steps but sone of those are false steps from riding 5.5 hours. 

You aren’t a long distance cyclist or swimmer? Try resetting Ionic. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

It’s possible, but only if you burn a lot of calories cycling or swimming. Yesterday i burned 3500 calories cycling 100 miles, for a total of 5500+ calories for the day. Roughly 16,800 steps but sone of those are false steps from riding 5.5 hours. 

You aren’t a long distance cyclist or swimmer? Try resetting Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Barrera

No I'm not doing any cycling or swimming. I'm doing only walking and walking, sometimes im doing fast walking,  since I woke up until this time of replying to u I can see ony iconic watch  that I bring 1400 calories . I'm really confused.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The 1400 calories burned are absolutely normal since they include also the BMR, those calories burned just because you are alive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I want to reach is if the person doing normal activity such as walking and he achieved 15000 steps at the end of day  for example, is it logical that we burn 4000 calories ? All I want to explain that this iconic watch can be accurate for such result like I mention., 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry if I tried to help you, I won't further.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google BMR the amount of calories you burn is related to weight.

If you are larger you burn more just by being alive.

I often burn 3000 calories a day and I active and have normal BMI.

You need to take activity, weigh, age in to account. This is well known scientific fact. This isnt special to the ICONIC just a fact.

Best Answer

well lessa, thank for your reply and yes I'm big my weight is 105 kg and I'm 38 but my activity mainly is jogging. Thanks for the info 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SKYFALL1979 Try this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

you will probably get about 2000 calories a day for being alive. Getting to 4000 calories is a big jump.

I put in 105kg and 2 hours into this calorie estimator:

http://www.acaloriecalculator.com/calories-burned-calculator/

jogging for 2 hours is about 1500 calories, and with a 2000 BMR that gives 3500 calories without considering any other calorie burn. For me, I weigh 95kg and fast walking is about 8000 steps per hour (and 400-600 calories per hour), so 2 hours is roughly 16,000 (walking fast) steps and best case 1200 calories (2000+1200 = 3200). So for me its possible to hit 3500 calories in a day with 16,800 steps. Looking back to 2014, before I started biking, I see 16,000 step days and 3300 or 3400 calories. You will be slightly higher with the extra 10kg.

Hard to see getting 5000 calories in a day with 16,800 steps, if you are a walker or jogger. Its possible to get 4000 calories, although I tend to think Ionic is giving more calories than reality, probably due to higher RHR. Hard to say.

hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Barrera,

Thank you alot for your information. I appreciate it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What the meaning of RHR?.  Also u mentioned if I burn 3400 clarioes. I will be slightly higher than by 10kg

Best Answer
0 Votes