Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

1. Still sync issue with my ionic to android phone and PC. Have to restart phone and hurry to unpair ionic from BT to fix problem. Problem returns when connection between phone and ionic is lost for whatever reason.

2. Went on a trip to a cabin today and tracked it as a hike to get a GPS distance. This is a 4 km tripp and it is logged as a 1,99 km hike on my fitbit ???

3. When i started using my ionic its floor count was presise,  but after 14 days it started to count about 50% of my floors.?

4. At the same time as floor issue steppcount seamed to get unacurate.

This is only what i have discover'd with my limited use.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@KF73 Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to a new thread to keep this board organized.

Thanks for reporting this on the Community Forums since you updated your Ionic. 

What kind of mobile device are you using to sync your Ionic?

Some environmental factors such as tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover can interfere with your watch's ability to connect to GPS satellites. Could it be possible that any of this interfered with GPS signal during your hike? Have you tried tracking another activity with GPS on another location? 

Regarding the floors climbed, a factor that may prevent them from being counted is floor height. Your device registers one floor when you’ve gone up about ten feet, which is the average between residential and commercial floor heights. If you climb long staircases you may find that the device's floor count doesn’t match how many floors you’ve gone up since the staircase was taller than ten feet.

To better step count you can measure and adjust your stride length and you can also check your dominant hand settings. This should better its step tracking accuracy.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using a Samsung Xcover 3 to sync my ionic. I have also tried my laptop (acer ) but exact same problem there. Where i synk make no differense so i dont think there are any interference problem. I live in the contyside so no wifi jungel. The last uppdate may have made an improvement, but is not a fix.

The hike was in the hill, open terrain. The track on the map look's ok so i think the gps is ok, but rather a scale thing. Exact 50% of the aktual distance.

The floors climbed worked fine for 14 days, suddenly one day stopped. Unaccurate floors climbed sinse. Average foor height in my county is 9-10 feet, mine is somewhere in the midle.

When i started using my ionic i was impressed of the accurasy of steps counted, no steps moving my hand, only walking. Started counting hand movement as steps about the same time as foors failed. I feel like someone tampered with sesnsitivity settings and broke my watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes