Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change play list whilst workout app is running.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just down the gym using the workout app to track the session and blue toothing some tunes directly from the Ionic to ear buds and all was tickertyboo untill I got bored with the play list.

How do you change the play list without stopping the workout app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @TonyJukes,

As far as I know, you can't. The only exception is if you are using Auto Track, which runs in the background. With that, you would have access to all the music functions.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh that's disapointed me, I thought I'd just missed something, it seems  obvious that you should have play lists accessible.

What's auto track,

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TonyJukes  Have you tried pressing and holding the top right button?  

Also auto track is when you don't enter an exercise shortcut but instead start a run or other exercise and after 15 minutes (the default period of time) the device will determine you are doing a specific activity and log it accordingly. It is basically incase you forget to start the activity by hand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I tried the top right button, it let's me move within the play list but not select a different play list.

I'll have to give auto track a try next time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Be aware that if you use auto track for an activity you’ll get a reduced function set. It’ll track the activity (maybe) but it’s not as specific when you come to review the data later. It’s just a handy fallback. Also, if you want gps info, that is missing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Be aware that if you use auto track for an activity you’ll get a reduced function set. It’ll track the activity (maybe) but it’s not as specific when you come to review the data later. It’s just a handy fallback.

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Be aware that if you use auto track for an activity you’ll get a reduced function set. It’ll track the activity (maybe) but it’s not as specific when you come to review the data later. It’s just a handy fallback.

Yes, it's definitely a trade-off in that regard. I tend to use auto track mostly for walks, which it seems to detect without problem.

Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cheese guys, great help thanks.

For now I've just made a huge play list so I can skip around it whilst on longer gym sessions. 

My play lists were really just albums cause I'm old fashioned and listen by album. I've now strung all the albums together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's a good solution @TonyJukes.

Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes