Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time and charging issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got woken up by my wife saying it is 45 minutes past the normal time I get up, no alarm from my Ionic. I look at it and noticed that it was one day behind and about 1.25hrs slow. I synced twice, no change, powered off both phone and Ionic, then resynced, no change......WTFrick. Have also been having issues getting the charge done, sometimes it would not charge, go down to 0% with the charge cable attached but no indication that it wasn't charging.....Is my Ionic a brick now? Not happy with product at this point

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jboone, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back! 

Thanks for your post and for troubleshooting your device before posting, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Let me share with you that our Fitbit devices use your mobile device information to display the time with the syncing process, therefore, by simply syncing the Ionic, it should display the correct time.

However, this may be fixed by updating the time zone setting in your Personal Settings. For step-by-step instructions, please see our help article: How do I change the time on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. In regards the battery not charging situation, please check the information that's specified on: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? to verify if you're correctly charging the Ionic.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first thing I did was to make sure that my phone was correct, that it might be an issue with my iPhone xs, but it was not, my phone was correct (date, time, time zone, etc.), and still is...I have synced according to the app (nine times) and still no luck in getting the ionic to display the correct time or date.

As for the charging, there are multiple times where I plug the charge cable in, get the notice that it is being charged and I set it down to continue with the charge, only to come back later to retrieve and it will read 0% charged and now locked up...this has happened about 12-13 times in the last 3 months, and even taking alcohol swab to the contacts to ensure they are clean does not work, maybe for the first charge, but the next will give me the issue. As this is my primary watch I wear everyday, I now go without a watch for days at a time....starting to regret buying a fitbit...

Best Answer
0 Votes