Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic 24 hour clock

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I change my Ionic to display a 24 hour clock? My phone and the Fitbit app are both set to 24 hour clocks,but I can’t figure out how to change the Ionic display.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

On the fitbit.com website of course. 😃

On https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile  look for the "CLOCK DISPLAY TIME" setting under Advanced Settings.

2017-10-28_21-30-51.png 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

On https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile  look for the "CLOCK DISPLAY TIME" setting under Advanced Settings.

2017-10-28_21-30-51.png 

Best Answer

I saw this before, but couldn't get it to work because I was doing it on the dashboard in my Fitbit app on my phone. Apparently, you can only do it on the website! Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi, 

So i've followed the instructions

profile: clicked the 24 and then synced my fitbit

but it still wont change to the 24. 

the clock i'm using is Korone. 

Please help - this is driving me nuts!

Best Answer

@BitRich looking at the watch face, it could be that it doesn't display in 24hr format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is of course possible but doesn't stand to reason... it has loads of functionality but stopped short at offering something that is as simple as 24hrs. 

Best Answer

@BitRich I’ve just tried another watch face and again, the format remains 12hr despite having 24hrs toggled in personal settings. I think it’s down to watch face designers, who may or may not conform to Fitbit settings. Some watch faces have options to enable 24 or 12 hr displays, so I’m guessing it’s their coding that is overriding user settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BitRichand @SunsetRunner,

I think it's up to each watch face designer to parse user settings and locale settings and present the data appropriately.  I ran into a different though similar problem, I tried the ClearBeam clock face, which I liked a lot...

However, the app developer uses European standards for formatting numbers (reverse the use of ',' and '.' vs. the US), which is to say:

10,000 steps -> 10.000 steps

5.00 miles -> 5,00 miles

And there's no way to set it to US convention.  I just couldn't get used to reading the numbers this way.

Sadly, there's also no mechanism that (I'm aware of) to give the app developer this feedback.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi

so thanks for your help... but it finally switched back to 24 hrs. I tried it several times and after a few hours and a dozen syncs it finally cooperated.

cheers

rd

Best Answer

I've been wanting to make this change to 24 hour clock being a retired military guy.  This solution worked perfectly and went into effect with the next synch on my Ionic.  Many thanks!

Best Answer

But is that also for clock faces?

Best Answer
0 Votes

PureEvil, have you checked Clear Beam lately.  I am using Clear Beam downloaded about a week ago and it uses the normal U.S. conventions.  For example, 7,567 Steps, 3.65 Miles, etc. Even though the picture of it in the App Clock Faces shows the European convention, when you download it for U.S. use, it installs with U.S. conventions.

BTW, I like it very much and have looked extensively at all the Faces I could find and found none I liked better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner,

Oh, thanks!  Good to know; I stand corrected.  Smiley Happy

Maybe it was updated or maybe I remembered a different clock face.

Right now, I'm stuck on "My Dog Timmy".  It's like having a Tamagotchi on your wrist.  Right now Timmy is mad at me because I didn't get the steps to give him enough treats yesterday.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

2017-10-28_21-30-51.png 

Thank you! I think it is a poor design on the part of Fitbit not to include this setting in the app, since you can set virtually every other setting from the online profile there. Nonetheless, your answer should be the accepted solution in this thread since it's the real answer. Thank you!

Best Answer

I also have the settings on the Fitbit dashboard site to 24h clock. The watch face is also showing the time format in 24h correctly, but if set the charging cable and check the charging screen's clock, it is set to 12h format. Can't get it fixed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it's only showing that when it is on the charger, what difference does it make?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you sir, you saved me after a frustrating afternoon!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes