Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Ant+ support for Peloton?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.  I think for a smart watch to send heart-rate data to my peloton bike display the watch must broadcast Ant+ protocol.   Does the new Ionic watch support Ant+?  Thanks.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ionic does not support ANT+. The Ionic does not rebroadcast HR to other devices via Bluetooth. There is no Fitbit tracker that will send HR to your Peloton bike,

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@dlk2000, in the Ionic Specs on the Fitbit Store there is no indication that ANT+ capability is included with this smartwatch.  It has Bluetooth LE, WiFi, and NCF support.

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/ionic?color=slate-blue&band=tpu

Ionic Specs.jpg

Best Answer

Ionic does not support ANT+. The Ionic does not rebroadcast HR to other devices via Bluetooth. There is no Fitbit tracker that will send HR to your Peloton bike,

Best Answer

I also have a Peloton bike and wish it would broadcast HR info to the bike.

Best Answer

Me too.  Is ANT + technology something that can be added with a software update or is it a hardware issue?  Any plans to add ANT+ technology to Fitbit?  This would be very helpful.  

Best Answer

@DD10 wrote:

Me too.  Is ANT + technology something that can be added with a software update or is it a hardware issue?  Any plans to add ANT+ technology to Fitbit?  This would be very helpful.  

Its likely something that could be added via software update, many Bluetooth chipsets support it.

However I doubt Fitbit is interested. Fitbit doesn't support any form of rebroadcasting, bridging, or connecting to external HRM and other sensors. My bike has a bunch of sensors and safety devices all connected by ANT+ to my Garmin bike computer. Most of the higher end Garmin sport watches support my bike, as well as rebroadcasting HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still hoping for bluetooth support with zwift andnmy fitbit ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes