Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Battery Draining Quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic battery is draining quickly. It was at 91% last night. At 10 % this morning. Also, it was still on the same stats as last night.  Did not clear steps or sleeptime..I woke.up with the same amount of steps as I went to bed with.  😞

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@KimmyO Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the steps and workaround that helped you out to resolve this. I';m sure your experience will be helpful for other users experiencing the same. I'm glad you are back on track now!

@Whistler888 @johneric8 Thanks for sharing your help on this thread. 

@Stng2211 @Minispud It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation with the battery power and syncing. Please try a factory reset as this has helped other users in the past.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Same problem here. Tried hard reset and factory reset and changing the clock face. Still stuck on the same stats from yesterday 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just did a factory reset. I'm going to see if that works. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KimmyO wrote:

My Ionic battery is draining quickly. It was at 91% last night. At 10 % this morning. Also, it was still on the same stats as last night.  Did not clear steps or sleeptime..I woke.up with the same amount of steps as I went to bed with.  😞

Sounds like your Ionic might be defective.  If your factory reset does not help - contact Tech Support.  Many have reported getting a replacement for that problem.  So that might be the end solution for you.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm kind of an ionic expert since I've gone through a few of them and dealt with customer service way too many times. May I ask if your watch is less than 12 months old?  If so,  private message me because I have some very important advice to share with you that I can't on the open forum without fear of deletion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a similar issue, now the Ionic won't synchronize with my iPhone. Is this the same problem.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to finally get it working!!! Only took 2 1/2 hours, but yay! Thank you!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you advise how you got your device synchronising again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a hard reset and a factory reset. After the factory reset was completed a screen popped up for saying to plug my watch in for calibration . Since then it has been working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KimmyO Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the steps and workaround that helped you out to resolve this. I';m sure your experience will be helpful for other users experiencing the same. I'm glad you are back on track now!

@Whistler888 @johneric8 Thanks for sharing your help on this thread. 

@Stng2211 @Minispud It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation with the battery power and syncing. Please try a factory reset as this has helped other users in the past.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The factory reset worked to a point.

I now have an issue with All Day Sync not working and also notifications. Seems like an issue with Bluetooth, although it seems as though it's connected.

Get a grip fitbit developers and get a this issue fixed. I'm beginning to lose faith in fitbit as the connection between fitbit and my phone iPhone 6s is very hit and miss.

what do you suggest i do as i'm running out of ideas.

Best Answer

@Minispud Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details.

If you keep experiencing trouble to sync; please try these syncing troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out.

For notifications; I'd recommend trying these notification troubleshooting steps to sort it out.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @johneric8 ,

I'd like to send you a pm in response to this old post, but I'm new to fitbit forums and don't know how. I have specific questions about Ionic, as I am going through some issues without the answers I really need.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is my email. My name on Facebook is Kim OsteenSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I was trying all the solutions you have mentioned but unfortunately nones works. Battery drainage still persists. Please advise alternative solution to avoid sudden battery drainage of Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Battery started to drain on my Ionic one night. 90 % at bedtime and 0 in the morning. Have done several factory resets since with full charging in between. Is the watch worn out after 2 years? Guess there Is no warranty any longer.. It did coincide with release of the Sense...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I charged mine yesterday, took it off at 7:30 pm.  I did no physical activity and now I'm below 75%.  I contacted support through the chat and they told me I'm averaging 3.7 days with my battery and didn't offer any solution.  The guy was nice through chat, but I feel like it's not lasting nearly as long as it used to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wrong, there was warranty and Fitbit sent me a brand new watch! Just made a phonecall to support (in Swedish) and after they logged in and saw the drainage overnight and sent new watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the factor y reset, chage face plates, and still draining.

Muy iónic is almost three years. Can fitbit still provide support to a device that old?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think 2 years but call support.

Med vänlig hälsning 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes