Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So bummed so far with the Ionic. Had the Surge for the last 2 years didn't spring for the Blaze because of the lack of internal GPS. Already having one main issue

Battery - went to bed at 11:38pm GMT Arizona, battery was 95%+.  Battery made it to 4:04am before it was completely dead. That was the last logging of information. I don't know how this could happen, never once had that with my Surge. The only thing I could possibly think was I was sleeping on it which heated it up and made the battery drain faster? I am not sure but now FitBit wants me to do testing on the batter to figure out the issue....Is that not what beta testers are for? I didn't drop $300 to test out the issue with your battery on my watch...

(side note the APP say's the battery level is fully charged, whereas the watch says 80% now.... 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

sounds like it's definitely broken and needs either a hard reset, or replacement. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. During the night my battery drained from 85% to 25%

Best Answer
0 Votes

last night I've disabled the all day sync, the always connected and the auto screen wake. Battery dropped from 66 to 60% during the night

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had my Ionic for a week, its battery does not last 24 hours, my blaze lasted 4 days!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check that the GPS is not on.

If it is off, it should last for at least 4 days, depending on other functions.

If it is on, it will only last 10 hours or so.

Same for Excercise, if the GPS is on and you do exercise, then the battery will go down quickly.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue.  Typically battery would last a week but periodically It looses its full charge. I thought at first that the charging cable was falling out when charging as (the whole magnetic connector while convenient is not secure. If the watch tilts slightly or is moved it will disconnect.) so the watch didn't charge correctly. But last night when I went to bed it was 50% and when I woke up it was dead.  I called them today and they are sending me a new one. They said it wasn't going to come with a charging cable or bands which is fine but it makes me suspicious that they will send me a refurbished one. I don't know. Sounds like the watched may have a defect.

I was offered 50% off a different watch or a replacement Ionic. I thought that was weird too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what everyone is saying is that in order to use my Ionic, I have to disable all the feature that I bought the Ionic for?

No way a watch battery should last 6-8 hours.  Especially when all I am doing is sleeping.  

That is like buying a new TV but you can only watch one channel. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@doubleA123 wrote:

So what everyone is saying is that in order to use my Ionic, I have to disable all the feature that I bought the Ionic for?

No way a watch battery should last 6-8 hours.  Especially when all I am doing is sleeping.  

That is like buying a new TV but you can only watch one channel. 

Sounds like you have a faulty device.

I have everything enabled including all day sync, the only thing I've disabled is "Always conneted" as I don't need it. After about 3 days of use I still have 54% battery remaining. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, i have everything enabled (except GPS) and after 4 days, i still have 25% left, so i can make it 5 days.

But in a busy week (lots of notifications) i at least get 4 days.

But the only thing that can be a problem is the GPS.

GPS lowers the battery with 5% per hour.

So if you have GPS on (during workouts?) and other things, it will last at maximum 10 hours, but more likely 6 hours.

Check the GPS, if that is on, disable it.

If GPS is already off and not activated during activity then (that is a seperate setting)  it is likely a faulty watch and you should get in touch with the supplier about replacement.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes