Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - Common Major Issues in last two months

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Reading the Forum there appear to be some common issues regarding the Ionic watches..

Ionic Watch has Black Screen

Ionic Watch Stops pairing

Ionic Watch suddenly stops synchronising - clock out by 30 minutes or more

Ionic Watch does not charge

Lights on the back of the Watch to not illuminate

After shutdown Ionic Watch does not restart, watch has black screen and buttons have no effect.

After a week (nearly two) of no activity, pressing the Left button brings up 0% on display.

But watch does not charge, light does not come on and 0% goes away again (and does not display again)

Problems started for me after the last firmware update - It appears to have killed quite a few folks Watches

Hope it is not Malware that has hosed us all!

My watch is totally dead now having worked for over a year (occasional glitch requiring reset)

Interested to hear if this is a major problem across the board... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Your observation is an interesting one.  It seems that there have been common problems with Ionics since the last update, when Fitbit was gearing up the Versa 3 and the Sense.  Maybe the Ionic could not handle the update and many watches got fried as a result?  

Same thing happened to me, by the way- almost like it got a shot and suddenly fried out of the blue.....  I am still evaluating how to spend my $$ on a new watch.  $$ doesn't grow on trees, so I need to be careful given that my Ionic was expensive and really didn't last very long.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. I just logged onto the forum because my step count, heart rate, and exercise log all seems to be a little off since the update. Now, today, the display still comes on but stopped logging anything at noon. It allowed me to start a workout, but didn't log anything. Very upsetting. This is my second Ionic after a prior firmware update froze my first one. Luckily I had the insurance to get a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes