Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic GPS not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since a couple of weeks I haven't been able to track my GPS location anymore. My wife has an charge 4 and she has no problems. 

I have followed all the steps here but to no use

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Manneman,

I’ve posted on another forum about the same problem I was having with my ionic. By any chance have you put on a replacement strap? Some third party straps are causing the GPS to not work. I bought two different types and they both stopped the gps from working. I put the original Fitbit strap on and it worked fine again. Just a thought. 

Good luck

JP

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Manneman, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check and follow the troubleshooting steps that are specified on our help article:  and let me know if the issue persists so I can further assist you.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like i wrote. I have followed the articles but with no effect unfortunately

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @Manneman.

Sorry for sending you the troubleshooting steps from a help article that you already tried, however, I'm happy to continue helping you today. To better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Is this issue affecting all of your activities or specific ones? Also, is the GPS of your Ionic not connecting (meaning that the device says that it's connecting but the process is never completed)? Or the GPS connects but when you sync the device, the map is not there?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Manneman,

I’ve posted on another forum about the same problem I was having with my ionic. By any chance have you put on a replacement strap? Some third party straps are causing the GPS to not work. I bought two different types and they both stopped the gps from working. I put the original Fitbit strap on and it worked fine again. Just a thought. 

Good luck

JP

Best Answer

Hi it has been going on for a couple of week. I can't say an exakt date. 

It tries to connect and says "not connected to GPS"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will be testing this. But I can't figure out why it should work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, let us all know if it does. Fitbit should add this to their knowledge base of possible reasons.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I be **ahem**ed. It worked to remove the wristband. This is soo weird.

But. Why can't I use another wristband than the original. The original doesn't last.

Best Answer

How bizarre! I’ve been having the same problems and will definitely be trying this! 

Best Answer

What he says >>>JJPNZ2201

I had intermittent GPS and more importantly, the IONIC stopped mapping runs.Ionic watch straps do not last long - so I got a third party band (specifically a metal dress band). This was when the problem started.

I then order the traditional plastic strap and put that on. Again everything worked fine. 

I suspect that if your watch stopped tracking and you swapped your band recently - take your band off put the watch face in your pocket and go for a run. Then go out and buy a different strap.

Best Answer
0 Votes