Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic GPS not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nu ionic GPS is not working. Wat should i do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @martijnvlodorp.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. Please check if GPS connects after each step: 

1. Force quit, and reopen the Fitbit app to refresh the connection with your device.
2. On your phone, go to Settings then Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
3. Restart your phone.

I also recommend restarting your watch: How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

For more information about tips and different factors that can affect GPS tracking, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the Fitbit App. Tap the watch's tile (the picture of your Ionic on the top right corner of the app). Under "Sync" you will find "Sync Now". Tap it to start a sync. Advanced MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the Fitbit App. Tap the watch's tile (the picture of your Ionic on the top right corner of the app). Under "Sync" you will find "Sync Now". Tap it to start a sync.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Terrel.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your tips. I appreciate your time and efforts to help other users. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create your own topics.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had intermittent GPS and more importantly, the IONIC stopped mapping runs. Ionic watch straps do not last long - so I got a third party band (specifically a metal dress band). This was when the problem started.

I then order the traditional plastic strap and put that on. Again everything worked fine. 

I suspect that if your watch stopped tracking and you swapped your band recently - take your band off put the watch face in your pocket and go for a run. Then go out and buy a different strap.

Best Answer