Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic GPS run tracking stops.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While I have been on a few runs I have found the exercise run gps gps tracking has stopped! When I have gone to look at how I am doing it has gone back to the clock face. I imagine my sleeve or jacket has either touched the touchscreen or it has just crashed. Is there a lock screen method for the ionic run activity screen to stop this?

Is this a common problem?

Thank you. Rico.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Crashing in the middle of exercise (going back to the watch face)  is a bug reported long time ago and until now probably hasn't been fixed (my guess is that it may be simply unfixable). I experienced that several times when my Ionic was working (on any type of activity). Usually, it happened soon after starting a workout so no much lost (5-10min). Later, another issue showed up which was random restarting during exercise as well as during doing nothing particular. I recall, I noticed it first time after update that came up last January. I don't know if issue has been fixed because my Ionic died few months later. It could be the latter issue causing problem. You are just not "lucky" enough to see the whole restart.

Best Answer
0 Votes