Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Heart Rate Monitor Issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband purchased a Ionic on the recommendation of the salesmen at Bestbuy not even a week ago. My husband underwent an Aortic Valve replacement in December so keeping tract of his heart rate is important. (it needs to be in a safe zone of between 75-90)Yesterday while driving up the road he had a slight tightness in his chest when he checked his Ionic his heart rate was 138BPM. 

My concern is how accurate is the heart rate monitor on the IONIC? I am very concerned it is not as accurate as it was made out to be. 

So now that we have had a complete cardiac workup at the hospital an overnight stay, Is there a better option? I am completely lost. Does anyone have any advice   

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@KendraMH, for me the Ionic heart rate monitor has been very accurate - I have measured it a number of times against the Polar Chest Strap, and the Ionic has always been within 10 points of the Polar readings.  But, that said, the Fitbit heart rate monitor is not a medical device and should not be used to monitor a medical condition.  Did you or he manually check his pulse to see if the 138 reading was correct?

When I had my heart procedure, I was sent home with a heart monitor that I had to wear 24 hours a day which transmitted the readings to the doctor's office.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well i think that it shows the heat rate of roughly the past 5-10 secs ago

Best Answer
0 Votes