Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic: How to change sleep tracking sensitivity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

how to change sleep sensitivity

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Intruder145, it's nice to see another post from you here in the Community Forums, welcome back.

In normal mode, when you make significant movements like rolling over, your device records time spent awake. This setting is appropriate for most users. In sensitive mode, your device records nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. This setting may be helpful if you wake up feeling tired even though your sleep history shows sufficient rest. To change your sleep sensitivity setting:

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Intruder145, it's nice to see another post from you here in the Community Forums, welcome back.

In normal mode, when you make significant movements like rolling over, your device records time spent awake. This setting is appropriate for most users. In sensitive mode, your device records nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. This setting may be helpful if you wake up feeling tired even though your sleep history shows sufficient rest. To change your sleep sensitivity setting:

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

as of this date, "Advance Settings" is not found, not shown, not displayed in the Fitbit app. (version 3.78 on Android 10)

In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab , then tap your profile picture

Under "SETTINGS" > App Settings > "Sleep Sensitivity" > tap to select normal or sensitive.

UI design and UX is sadly lacking. How about a search function to find items thrown into App Settings as an out of context afterthought after a redesign of the top level UI? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @_tmck_ and welcome to the Community.  You added on to an older, outdated thread that involves a recalled model.  Fitbit doesn’t remove outdated posts.  There is a Help link on every page.  I think this is the searchable site that will help you.

I’ll take this opportunity to point out that this sleep sensitivity setting only applies to older models that don’t have heart rate monitors.  The moderator gave an incorrect answer.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes