Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Marathon

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone successfully managed to use their ionic for a Marathon? I’m doing my 1st Marathon next Saturday and I’m so worried that my Ionic won’t last the duration. I will turn the screen to auto. Won’t play music. Turn the cues off. Wondering if any of you have the answer? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Depends on how long you think you’ll be runnning for.  It lasted comfortably for me running 4 and a half hours and then for the rest of the day at least 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrsSouissi I think it should last 4-5 hours even with GPS on. Usually, I observe about 20% drop in battery level after 1hr of using GPS. I never use music or cues, just GPS. But one thing you should be aware of. There is an unfixed bug in the Exercise app ( I believe this is what you're going to use to track your marathon run ). It crashes at random moment. Everything captured before the crash is gone - no any activity recorded. I mention it as a marathon can be a lengthy activity. Therefore, I suggest tracking your run also using another device, even your mobile and Strava. If Fitbit works - fine, you got all captured. If it crashes you will have a backup. If you decide to go only with Ionic, then know there is a short vibration when the crash occurs so you may be able to restart the exercise right away you feel the watch vibrating. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly though. Good luck 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done a half marathon (about 2:30 for me) and then had more than half my battery left afterwards (it was around 70% iirc) not sure if that helps, but seems to me that it should last the duration.

Best Answer
0 Votes