Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Not Tracking Active Minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I walked/ran this morning for 97 minutes and I posted the message on the Walking group. A few minutes later, I looked at my watch and it was at 0 zero active minutes. I was so mad.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@TheRunnerOne Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic not tracking active minutes.

Did Ionic shown 97 active minutes on its display? or was the total time you ran 97 minutes?

Fitbit calculates active minutes using metabolic equivalents, which are the METs. They measure your energy expenditure and are indicators for exercise intensity. Fitbit devices estimate your MET value in any given minute by calculating the intensity of your activity. 

For example, an MET of 1 means that your body is at rest. Fitbit devices will give you active minutes when you reach an MET of 3 or above. Minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate to intense activity. 

The more calories you burn the higher your MET value, so therefore the more calories you burn the higher your total active minutes. Remember that the intensity of the exercise is the key. Often what seems like the exact same amount of effort over the same distance in fact differs slightly enough to change your active minutes total.

However, if you feel that your watch is really not tracking that data correctly; please perform a restart on it and try once again. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Ayman Sokkarie
Best Answer
0 Votes