Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Onscreen Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if the Ionic will display all notifications from your phone or if it will still only be texts and phone calls?  

I would *love* to get all my notifications on my Fitbit instead of having to pull my phone out of my pocket all the time.  Mostly, I get hockey scores (would love it just for these!) and reminders that I don't necessarily need to read a lot of text, just the gist.  I currently have a Charge 2, but am looking at an Apple Watch because it will do all of my Fitbit things but also a whole bunch more.  But, as much as I'd enjoy the extra stuff from the Apple Watch, I'd forgo it if the Ionic just did that *one* extra thing for me.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can get notifications from any app on your phone. I have seen a few different people who got the Ionic early to test out write about it.

Via Engadet

You'll get notifications from your phone for calls, messages and basically any app that can push alerts. I activated those from Gmail, Slack and Hangouts, and they all came through during my testing. Like most smartwatches, the Ionic would vibrate briefly when it received a message, and a preview would pop up on the screen for a few seconds after I lifted my arm.

Hope this helps 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Fitbit's blurb says call, text and calendar but I have seen a video with app notifications too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did see a blurb that said "App notifications" but I wasn't sure if it meant just notifications from the few apps that you can download to the Ionic directly, or from all apps on your phone.

If someone can confirm if it's the latter (or both) then I would pre-order in a heartbeat!

Best Answer

Yes, you can get notifications from any app on your phone. I have seen a few different people who got the Ionic early to test out write about it.

Via Engadet

You'll get notifications from your phone for calls, messages and basically any app that can push alerts. I activated those from Gmail, Slack and Hangouts, and they all came through during my testing. Like most smartwatches, the Ionic would vibrate briefly when it received a message, and a preview would pop up on the screen for a few seconds after I lifted my arm.

Hope this helps 🙂

Best Answer

YES!  That is what I wanted!

Thank you so much!  Pre-ordering now!

Best Answer

@Victoria_Peach You're welcome! 😉

I'm glad that's what you're looking for. Can't wait to get our Up nice! I thought after I preordered that I would forget about it and just be excited when I get that shipping confirmation but totally not the case. I KEEP checking the pre-order page to see it go down to 1-2 weeks lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes

does the native iOS mail app count as an app to receive notification on the watch?

this is only a notification right? there is no way to read the email on the watch if i wanted to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to know the same thing... Working in IT, it would be great if the native iOS mail app notifications could be received on the Ionic.  I end up checking my phone frequently in the middle of the night, afraid I may have missed an important email but I also don't want to crank up the volume on my phone and have my work wake my wife all the time - I just want to have it vibrate like the Charge silent alarm does, when I get a new email so I know I won't miss anything.

Would sure let me sleep better, not having to check my phone several time in the middle of the night!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the watch is set up, you can go into settings and select the apps you want to get notifications from.  The list populates over time as these apps give notifications.  As that happens, you will have more options to select from.  For instance, my list was empty.  Over night, I received notifications on my phone from Facebook, and a bunch of other apps.  Now, my list has a number of apps for me to toggle on or off.  I have been getting notifications from all apps tday that I selected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you only get notifications when the watch is near your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The notifications are sent over the bluetooth connection between your fitbit and phone so they need to be fairly close (around 20 feet)

Best Answer

And if you are out of range from your phone you miss all notifications coming during that time.

Garmin Fenix 5s Plus, Fitbit Ionic, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have more and more popping up each day on my phone app. I have whatsapp notifications, as well as TED, LinkedIn, and SeekingAlpha activated. I feel a vibration, I scroll up and can see the text. Works seemlesly. 

Best Answer

I am getting zero notifications. Going in to have the Geek Squad take a look but may be returning it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m thinking of getting one for Xmas but need to know more about the notifications does it vibrate and if so is it just one quick vibrate or a few 

as I drive a tractor and need this so I don’t miss phone calls or texts 

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The notifications do not work. I would wait to buy until they get that fixed.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes