Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Running Exercise Hangs/Terminates prematurely

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am on the latest firmware, 32.10.20.

I am a long-time user of Fitbit, having had a Charge HR, then a Surge and now an Ionic.  I haven't had ANY issues until the Ionic.  First, it was the music, which I eventually sorted out by doing a complete watch reset and starting from scratch.

Now, it seems, I am having a problem with my Ionic freezing during a running exercise.  Today was the last straw after my watch locked up at mile 5.72.  I eventually was able to wake it up, but the run data up to that point was lost and I was left to start a separate running activity for the last mile and a half.

The steps WERE counted, but not the entire exercise.  SOMETHING is causing the Ionic's OS to freeze and/or reset in the middle of an exercise and I HOPE this gets sorted out by Fitbit soon.  I know I have read in other threads that people have been having similar issues that I am having, so it's NOT just me.  There is a bug in the OS that needs to be fixed.  And fixed pronto.

Because for the first time in my three years using a Fitbit product, I am thinking of dumping it for Garmin.

I am training for a full marathon and accurate data means everything to me in the weeks before as I train up for the big event.  So I would like to see Fitbit issue a correction in the next firmware update.  I >HAD< hoped it was fixed in the latest firmware update, but, alas....no......it wasn't.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I have now had my Garmin Forerunner 645 Music for two weeks and used it on several long runs.  It has never failed me to this point.

So long, Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes