Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Screen fades away.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My case is a bit different and I am a happy customer of Surge for almost last 6 years that I bought from India.  Now I am based in India and last November 2019 when my friend based in the US who was visiting India later in Decemer holidays asked me if I need something from the US.  Eventhough I said I need nothing, he sensed that I am becoming a fitness freak and was using a Surge, and got me a Ionic.  I was very happy to have that as it has a colourful screen and infact i was very excited to see that.  I might have went for couple of runs last December and the screen went unstable and fades away as we could see nothing remains there for more than few seconds.  I tried a lot many times to restart and of no use.  I feel awkward to tell my friend that he got me a faulty one, and he might feel embarassed.  So never took it up with him.

I honestly hope that I could somehow make it work and use this Ionic as well for another six years.

Is it possible to claim warranty for a product that was bought from the US last November and was not working while it is still in India.

As it was Corona and with other reasons like father of a 2 year old daughter and a 6 year old son along with couple of septuagenarians to take care, I didn't find time to bring this up to this forum until now.

Hope someone can make some miracle happen with this wonderful smart watch to make it work.

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@teshlee It's nice to see you on the Fitbit Community. Thank you for taking the time to share what you're experiencing with your Fitbit Ionic. 

I appreciate the details mentioned, I see how important is to have a working Fitbit device. 

I took the liberty to share your post with our Support team and they mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to assist and provide you with the available options based in the Fitbit Warranty

Have a great week. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Silvia,

I got a reply message from Support team and I replied them with few questions they asked about how my fitbit works.  I attached a small video of 8 MB size to show how the screen goes fading after I switch it on.  I am worried if it got spammed because of the video attachment.  I replied them on 29th Oct and waiting for their reply.  I couldn't attach the same video with this reply.  If you could provide me an email, I can send that video as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Below was my reply for the support team's questions.
Upon checking, we found your Ionic paired to your account however no data shows. 
Yes I paired it and went for a single run and that is all.  The screen started fading away and became unstable. Since then I couldn't use it at all.  I have been using my Surge that I bought in 2014.
For us to provide a definitive resolution and get into the depth of our investigation, please do provide your answers to the following questions:
1. Did you felt a gentle vibration when plugging the Fitbit to a charging source?
That gentle vibration is not felt.  Nor it is felt when I switched off and switched on either.
2. Did you see a battery icon on the display when charging the device?
When it was charging from zero, I saw a battery icon with 0 percentage. But again that screen was not stable, as it fades away.
3.Are the green lights for the heart rate sensor at the back still flashing?
That green light wasn't glowing either.
We would like to confirm if you were able to get all these potential troubleshooting steps into action to recharge the Fitbit:
I did all those.
Thank you for reverting back to me.
Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

@teshlee Thank you for getting back. I appreciate that you shared your reply to our Support team here. 

I double checked with them and they have received your email. However keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Thank you for your understanding. Have a great week. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes