Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - Steps per minutes while running

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My suggestion is to make an option to see your steps per minute when you do a run. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Blue-Lagoon83 and welcome to the Help forums.  This is just one Feature Suggestion  asking for cadence -- there are probably more.  Sadly, Fitbit has it listed as Not Currently Planned.  Sorry.  😢

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Folks have been formally requesting Stride Cadence since the Surge first came out in 2015, roughly six years ago, and possibly before.  Personally I would find that metric nearly as valuable as heart rate or pace.  That said, I'm not holding my breath it will happen any time soon.  😛

Best Answer

The app already gathers the data and displays your time and number of steps.  So to calculate steps per minute is simple math you do with your calculator in seconds. But WHY SHOULD you have to when it would take a software developer like 2 minutes to add a box and a simple formula? Yea... any answer I can come up with does not encourage a runner like myself to buy another Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @james442.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your feedback. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. Please know that your comments won't go unnoticed, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and we take every feedback as a learning and improvement opportunity for our products. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This and many outer SIMPLE calculations have been suggested. They apparently do not care to do things VERY low cost to improve their product and make it m more desirable to runners.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @james442 it's good to see you back.

For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes