Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Syncing with Moto Z-Force Droid

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thank you FitBit.  I almost returned my Ionic on January 29th because it was not compatible with my Moto Z-Force Droid phone.  I had loved my Surge and so liked the features, so I instead extended the warranty where I purchased it and took a chance that FitBit would have an update to the software.  So HAPPY to say that they are NOW syncing without problem.  As of last week.  Thank you so very much for the update!!

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@cathyhn I hope you're doing well! That is awesome feedback right there! I'm very glad to hear that your Ionic is now syncing with no problem. I'm also very happy to hear you extended the warranty! I'm sure a new update will be out soon, we'll keep you posted once that happens, stay tuned!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

Let me know if you need any help with anything! See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi how did you get the lonic to sync with your Droid z

Best Answer
0 Votes

HOW   did u get your ionic to sync to your Moto z force.  I just bought my ionic  on Saturday and I cannot get it to sync to save my life.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So...how is it done?  How do you get the ionic to sync to the Moto z force?

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the new firmware update, the Fitbit ionic does NOT stay connected to my MotoZ. It was fine before the firmware update. I’ve tried all suddestions I’ve found and none keeps them connected. Any other ideas..

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update does not work with my motoz. I have connectivity issues that I never had before the firmware update. I have tried every solution I have found, but still can’t keep connectivity. Very disappointed....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all troubleshooting steps and I still can’t get notifications or sync my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aileen13wrote:

This update does not work with my motoz. I have connectivity issues that I never had before the firmware update. I have tried every solution I have found, but still can’t keep connectivity. Very disappointed....

I initiated the update via my MotoZ with no issues.  That said, I used the WiFi option and it worked great; took only 20 minutes or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated fine, but now the Fitbit won’t connect to my phone. It doesn’t sync automatically or send me any notifications. I’ve tried all the suggestions on the help page and nothing works. Very frustrating, as everything worked before the firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Moto Z droid finally started working with my Ionic after months of frustration, then, you guys send an update and my phone doesn't even see the ionic any more!!!!!!!  This is absurd!!!!!!!  My family and I have used Fitbit since they came out, going to get rid of ours now, Fitbit response to this is TOTALLY un-acceptable and incompetent.  Will steer everyone I know away from this device.

Best Answer

@Ndjarhead @Wantanswers @Aileen13 @krholton Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your participation on this thread and for your interest on syncing Ionic with Moto Z-force Droid.

As you may already know, that mobile device model is not in the list of compatible devices. This means that there is no guarantee that any Fitbit device will work at its fullest with that phone.

Still, it may work! If you are experiencing any problem syncing or connecting your Ionic to any mobile device; please try the steps shown on this helpful article. That should certainly help you out. 

@shipo I hope you're doing well! I'm glad to hear that you were able to connect your Ionic to your mobile device.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I am trying to do a firmware update on my Ionic syncing it with my Moto Z Force Droid phone.

It will NOT allow the update!   I have installed other updates....any help with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have yet to get the ionic to work with my Moto Z. I sync it with my
tablet it is the only way I can use it. If I had time or knew where the
receipt was I would return it. It is definitely not what it is cracked up
to be.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@javick63 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the update.

Please note that the Moto Z Force Droid phone is not a compatible device. Still, you can try the troubleshooting steps listed here to sort it out. If that doesn't work, please update via a compatible device or a computer.

@Wantanswers I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting this again.

The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on this help article.

Note that we don't guarantee that the synchronization would be will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.  

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I didn't have any problems syncing my Ionic to my Moto Droid Z until this last update. Any simple way to undo the update of the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes