Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic auto exercise detector while other apps run

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I like to swim with my ionic and track that work out. I think that’s a great feature about this watch. But I’m unable to currently set exercise tracking in the background while I use my swimpro app. I wish the app would load the workout in Fitbit when it was done, but they haven’t built that functionality yet (is that even allowed?) Will the ionic auto detect the exercise if I use the watch app my swim pro? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I attempted it yesterday, turns out it doesn’t. I had to log the activitity manually. The only good thing is that the ionic did store my heart rate and calorie burned during the workout, so once I inputted the data it imported that into the workout which was cool. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I think so,Smartrack should auto-track your swimming even when using swim pro.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

I attempted it yesterday, turns out it doesn’t. I had to log the activitity manually. The only good thing is that the ionic did store my heart rate and calorie burned during the workout, so once I inputted the data it imported that into the workout which was cool. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How U did it? I just finish my swim session and don’t see any workout on fitbit (versa) or fitbit app (iphone). U enter data via fitbit website?

Best Answer
0 Votes
They’ve now addressed the issue and it will log your swims from the app, but if you do end up swimming and it doesn’t work, manually log it from the time you started to the time you ended.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes