Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery draining when off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Fitbit Ionic in January 2018. I love it when it works properly, but it never lasts for long. It seems as though every 6-12 months, the Fitbit develops a fault. I’ve had it replace twice already under warranty and now it’s playing up again!

The green light will not go off, no matter what solutions I try (and I’ve followed them all!). It runs the battery down super quick. I charge the battery full yesterday, went out on a 10k and the battery died halfway through the run! 

I charged it again last night. As I didn’t want to wear it in bed I took off and had to shut it down completely in order to get the green light to go off. Turned it on this morning and the battery is at 62%! It’s been switched off, so how can it have lost battery over night whilst switched off?!

i can’t afford to be buying a replacement for a watch that has never lasted 12 months before developing a fault making it unusable. I invested in this expensive Fitbit and expected to benefit from that investment for years, making the price tag worth it.  Sadly, it works fine for a whole they inexplicably develops a fault like this one with the green light and poor battery. Very very disappointed in this. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@HelenDaisy Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your Ionic. I totally understand where you're coming from. 

The LEDs continue to flash if you turn off heart-rate tracking. You can find more information in this article. Regarding the battery draining you're experiencing, please follow the tips mentioned in this article to extend your watch's battery life, keep in mind that your Ionic's battery while using built-in GPS can last up to 10 hours. 

In regards to the battery draining that you experience when Ionic is off, I can confirm that our team is aware of this and working towards a resolution, your patience is appreciated. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the reply. As mentioned in my original post, I did do my
research before posting, and followed many tips for preserving battery
life.

My Fitbit is erroneously tea king a heart rate, even when I’m not wearing
it. I placed it on the table for 30 minutes. When I tapped the screen, it
showed a heart rate of 135bpm! The Fitbit was entirely still and pointed at
a wall so should have been tracking a heart rate at all.

It’s this constant tracking that is wearing down the battery, in my
opinion. The green lights stay on constantly even when I’m not wearing the
watch. Surely they should go off when there’s not heart rate to track?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to my previous, I took my Fitbit off last night before bed, it had 59% battery. I put it back on this morning at 30% (where did that 39% go? That’s usually 2 days worth of battery whilst wearing, no a few hours whilst I’m not even wearing it). 

After two hours wear this morning, it died. This is wholly unacceptable for a £200+ piece of kit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes