Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My battery is not charging on the ionic. I have tried connecting to a plug in the wall, laptop and Xbox and not getting any power to it. Could it be faulty ?any ideas 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You’re welcome @squash27, your reply is also appreciated. 

I’m sorry to know that you’re still experiencing difficulties with your device despite trying the troubleshooting steps from my previous post. That being said, I recommend you to try the below steps to factory reset your device and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Keep in mind that a factory reset procedure erases stored data, including the stats that were not synced to your Fitbit account. Also, applications installed, music downloaded, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @squash27, your participation here in the Community Forums is appreciated.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared, your effort troubleshooting your device before posting over here is also appreciated. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying to me. None of the troubleshooting applies really. It's not wet, does not have dirt in the sensor. I have tried to do a restart on the watch but it currently shows 0% on the screen. There are no sensors flashing at the back but maybe because the battery is dead. ? If you could help any further I would be grateful.maybe i need a new charger. ? 

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re welcome @squash27, your reply is also appreciated. 

I’m sorry to know that you’re still experiencing difficulties with your device despite trying the troubleshooting steps from my previous post. That being said, I recommend you to try the below steps to factory reset your device and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Keep in mind that a factory reset procedure erases stored data, including the stats that were not synced to your Fitbit account. Also, applications installed, music downloaded, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes