Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic bugs not addressed-What Recourse Do We Have?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I feel like @Fitbit might want to consider replacing ionics that are not responding to “fixes” or offer a refund. 

iOS device 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@MissUrka I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your suggestion about replacing/refunding Ionics that are not responding to fixes.

What kind of issue have you experienced? And what fixes have you tried?

The best thing to do in the case a fix is not working is contacting customer support. They can take a deeper look at this and should be able to provide solution to get you back on track.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you Santi. I appreciate you thoughtful response. If there is any movement on this will Fitbit notify users? I have done the iOS update and the new firmware update (the one that ends in .15 but I hear there is a .20?). Anyway, running all updates currently made available to me and still experiencing multiple issues. Thanks for your consideration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your specific enough for anyone to help you. What are the issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@blu-steel wrote:

Your specific enough for anyone to help you. What are the issues?

In order to adhere to community forum guidelines and avoid cross posting, I will refrain from listing issues here to avoid duplication. You can see them via my user name/account name. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

she mentions (in another post)

@MissUrkawrote:

Did updates yesterday. 32.10.15 and running iOS 2.5 version for iPhone X.  

•No Notifications for calls

•Will not connect to WiFi 

•Ran 8 miles today and when I synced I had over 19,000 steps. One hour later, I have 15,936 steps. So it deleted ~5,000 steps.

•Battery Life draining at lightning speed: was 100% charged prior to 8mi Run. Did not use gps on watch. Used 50% of battery 😳

•Can’t connect Music

•Can’t connect AirPod headphones. Bluetooth does not recognize or locate them  (no devices found)

•Waiting to see if calibration prompt shows up again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

regarding your wlan and therefore music problems:

which frequency and standard (a,b,g,n,ac, ...) is your wifi configured on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@d_k wrote:

regarding your wlan and therefore music problems:

which frequency and standard (a,b,g,n,ac, ...) is your wifi configured on?

We have the ability to use our WiFi at both frequencies. I’ve tried setting up to both but I am aware the 5ghz is not recommended

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you've got the chance, set the 2,4 GHz one into a mode that includes "G" (as B is terribly slow, and N might be not supported).

choose a dedicated name, to have certainty that you're connecting to the correct network.

Best Answer

@d_k wrote:

if you've got the chance, set the 2,4 GHz one into a mode that includes "G" (as B is terribly slow, and N might be not supported).

choose a dedicated name, to have certainty that you're connecting to the correct network.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will let you know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support is a good idea, but they can't help, because they don't have the possibility to change the software. 😉 Sorry, we are waisting time!

You see a lot of problems the the whole community. When these all problems are fixed, than we have good Fitbit products.

Change in software app and then no sleep stages anymore! I guess some change in the algorhytm, because heart rate not accurate, because of cardiac arrhytmia, but days before the update no problem to get sleep stages.

The sleep stages is the only thing why I have to decided for Fitbit. Am I wrong?

Support can't help with restarts....

Sorry!

Hopefully we get soon accurate software. Better Bluetooth connection, etc..

Thank you.

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

@d_k wrote:

choose a dedicated name, yhave certainty that you're connecting to the correct

Hello. I wanted to report back. I was still unable to set the WiFi up on my ionic. I created a case number with Fitbit as

besides the WiFi problem you’ve seen

the number of other issues I have. The watch is 5 months old and I’ve had problems since January (that was starting with the Bluetooth interference/connectivity issues). The replay for the case number was pretty much a word salad and contradictory. Said after 45 days old no refund available but then went on to enumerate my refund options (none of which were, by definition, a refund as refund implies money returned to a customer for an unsatisfactory product or experience. 

Thank you for your suggestions though. 

Best Answer

I came to an agreement with Fitbit and the accepted a return of the ionic and got a full refund (minus the protection plan which is worthless anyway as far as replacement and they technically can’t refund the money for that because they contract it out). I hope they realize their customer service and product is terrible but oh yeah wait they do realize it but just don’t care. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MissUrka I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the update regarding the experience you have had with Ionic. Thanks for sharing those details and your feedback.

It's unfortunate to read that Ionic wasn't good for you and that you had to get a refund. However, I'm glad customer support was able to resolve this for you.

By any chance, did you tried any replacement units? Hope you get back with Fitbit anytime soon.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes