Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic charging slowly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Everyone.

I have an Ionic. I purchased it used. The person I purchased it from, didn't say anything about it not charging slow.  I plugged it in my computer USB.  I went from 0% to 10%  in about 8 hrs.  I purchased a brand new charging cable.  Hooked that up and again to the computer USB. and it is still at 10% over 6 hrs.

What should I do now?  Thanks for the help.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @jback1131 let me give you a warm welcome to our Community! I'm glad to help you out with this concern.

Seems odd that your Ionic takes that long to charge, this is definitely not an expected behavior. I'd like to suggest you to do the following:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color:
    1. Use a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.
    2. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with anything metal, since metal can damage the plating and cause corrosion.

Also, after attempting the steps above, I recommend you to restart your device and check the battery behavior while charging. 

Please keep me posted, I'll be around 🤓

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello.

Thank you for getting with me.

I tried all of that.  I even was on with tech support.  They came to the conclusion. That the battery is bad.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @jback1131 you're welcome, thanks for your reply and update.

First, I'd like to appreciate your time and effort troubleshooting this matter with me. I'm glad to know that our Support team is already assisting you with your Ionic device charging difficulties. If you have any inquiries regarding the conclusion of this battery behavior, I recommend you to contact them to receive further assistance with more information and details.  

Let me know if you need anything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes