Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic did not adjust the time when changing time zone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When traveling from California to Virginia the time never adjusted.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Odyssey13 It's always nice to see you around. Thank you for your help. 

@Kathie1144 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and report. 

If the tips shared by our friend @Odyssey13 doesn't improve the situation please do as follows. 

On your phone:

• Please go to Settings> Date and Time. (may be named differently, depending on the operating system of the mobile phone)
  • Switch the automatic time to manual.
  • Turn your phone off and on again.
  • Try to sync your watch again.
  • If the time is set correctly again, you can reset your mobile phone to any setting you want.
    If the time is still wrong after the synchronization, please do the following:

On your PC:
  • Please open Chrome, or any internet browser (internet explorer, Firefox, etc)
  • Go to fitbit.com and log in with your password and email address.
  • Tap on Settings (gear top right)
  • Under Personal Settings> Time Zone, select any time zone.
  • Save the changes. (Press send)

• Then please go to the Fitbit app on your mobile phone.
  • Click on "Your profile picture> Advanced settings"
  • Turn off the "Automatic time zone" and "Automatic location" options. The selected time zone should appear to you. Then select Berlin and your location again.
  • Try syncing your Versa again.
  • The time should be displayed correctly on the clock again.

If your tracker's time is an hour out of date and doesn't automatically adjust to daylight saving time, use the steps above to make sure that you are in the correct time zone. The daylight saving time settings are automatically configured by selecting the time zone.

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Kathie1144  be sure you have the app set to automatic time zone and sync it a few times. It should get back to the correct time soon.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 It's always nice to see you around. Thank you for your help. 

@Kathie1144 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and report. 

If the tips shared by our friend @Odyssey13 doesn't improve the situation please do as follows. 

On your phone:

• Please go to Settings> Date and Time. (may be named differently, depending on the operating system of the mobile phone)
  • Switch the automatic time to manual.
  • Try to sync your watch again.
  • If the time is set correctly again, you can reset your mobile phone to any setting you want.
    If the time is still wrong after the synchronization, please do the following:

On your PC:
  • Please open Chrome, or any internet browser (internet explorer, Firefox, etc)
  • Go to fitbit.com and log in with your password and email address.
  • Tap on Settings (gear top right)
  • Under Personal Settings> Time Zone, select any time zone.
  • Save the changes. (Press send)

• Then please go to the Fitbit app on your mobile phone.
  • Click on "Your profile picture> Advanced settings"
  • Turn off the "Automatic time zone" and "Automatic location" options. The selected time zone should appear to you. Then select Berlin and your location again.
  • Try syncing your Versa again.
  • The time should be displayed correctly on the clock again.

If your tracker's time is an hour out of date and doesn't automatically adjust to daylight saving time, use the steps above to make sure that you are in the correct time zone. The daylight saving time settings are automatically configured by selecting the time zone.

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

I don't have a "Your Profile Picture" to click or at least can't find it.  What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Schwarze the Ionic has been recalled. What is it you're trying to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time I change time zones, I have to manually change the time zone on the fitbit website to get my watch to be accurate.   I don't see an "Automatic Time Zone" option.  Where can I find this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Schwarze  the Ionic has been recalled. You can't manually set the time as the time comes from the device you use to sync. Not syncing frequently can cause the time to be off. Still, with it being recalled - check the link I posted to you previously.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know what "Ionic" means.  Not sure what link you are referring to.  I thought I read where there is a fitbit setting that would make the fitbit to automatically sync with my phone's clock.  I cannot find that setting.  My phone changes with the time zone.  My fitbit does not.  The only way my fitbit has the correct time is if I manually go into the settings on this site and change from Central time zone to Pacific time zone (or whatever time zone I'm in).  Then I have to MANUALLY change it back when I return home.

Can somebody give me instructions on how to make the fitbit automatically change timezones?  (Yes, I've tried resyncing, I've tried rebooting, I've tried everything).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Schwarze you posted in a topic in the Ionic area of the forum. The Ionic is a now discontinued style of Fitbit, which is why you're seeing it mentioned in this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, it's good to see you all in the Community. @Odyssey13 thanks for your help.

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

Best Answer