Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic display error message when syncing to the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone facing with the Ionic does not work like shutting down itself when syncing to the Fitbit App?

While using the watch and wanting to sync to the Fitbit App, I often found that my watch had an error for a while. The screen was not shown up so I pressed the left button until it vibrated and the logo appeared.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there, it's nice to see you here @abillyty! Hmmmm... I haven't faced this with my Ionic. Have you had the change to see what's the error message you're getting on the Ionic's display?

In the meantime, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

To be honest, it seems that you've already restarted your tracker as you mentioned that you pressed the button and the logo appeared. Just confirm to me if you did it by following the steps I posted above. Woman Wink

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Marre for your information.

My apologies for the confusing topic I wrote. It was not the error message but the watch had an error, not working for a while,  when I tried to sync to the Fitbit App. Just tap down to sync on the mobile but suddenly the Ionic did not work for a while like already shutdown, not sleeping for sure. So I did a long press on the left button till its vibration. Then, the logo appeared and It worked again.

I did reset the Ionic. Kindly note that I have just received a replacement delivered from the Fitbit team after complaining about this problem and some issues e.g. unsuccessful updating firmware. 

Regards,

Bill

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your Ionic working properly now @abillyty? Thanks for the update my friend. Smiley Very Happy 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Stay awesome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for your kind message. 

My Ionic is working well. After restarting, It looks better but the same problem is sometimes occurring when syncing with Fitbit App. 

Best Answer
0 Votes