Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic display is not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic Display GlitchHi there,

since this morning the display of my Fitbit Ionic is not working.

Just stopped working and overnight discharged the battery from 90% to zero.

I bought them just 2 months ago.

What could it be? Until this moment the watch worked perfectly.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

I'm having the same display problem I read about - nothing appears on the screen and I'm unable to reboot.

Best Answer

Woke up one morning recently to find that my Fitbit Ionic screen no longer displays. Otherwise, it is fully functional and tracks my sleep, steps, HR, etc. as normal, fully syncing with the app and vibrating to give me reminders to move or step target success.

I have never used the watch in a pool or even the shower (although I know that you are supposed to be able to do so). The watch came with a 2 year warranty, but is nearly 2 years, 9 months old...

I have read all the posts on this forum and am troubled by how many people are having the same issue (I've also looked at other Fitbit forums to see the variety of other issues that Fitbit users seem to have too!). I have tried extensive charging and all the button-combination re-sets - nothing has worked. Always just a black screen, which at best, lights up around the edges when performing a reset.

I tried the "live chat" function but other than confirming that the flashing green light is still working on the rear and re-trying the 2-button re-set all I got offered was a 25% discount on a new Ionic...

If I am going to spend £300 on a smartwatch then I want it to last more than 2 years, 9 months (i.e. not long after the warranty expires...) before it stops working. Any phone/tablet/laptop/etc I have ever owned has lasted for years.

If any of my other devices has had a problem then I could get them repaired. I cannot believe that this is not even an option. My watch is fully functioning just not displaying - surely that is fixable... I would be willing to pay up to £100 for a repair as cheaper than buying a new watch.

This Fitbit Ionic was my first ever smart watch and whilst I found it the most comfortable watch to wear of any I've ever owned and I like the app I will not be taking advantage of the small discount (which has still not been emailed to me as promised) instead investing in a different brand after more extensive research than I put in last time.

I am really disappointed with Fitbt for:
(a) the lack of longevity of this product (ceasing to function just outside the warranty)
(b) the lack of a repair solution
(c) the insulting 25% discount.

Best Answer

Same problem with mine. purchased 2018

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same problem here

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same problem as mine. This is my second Fitbit - I have to say I'm really disappointed for the same reasons! My first - the heart rate sensor just stopped working and now my Ionic screen has gone out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem and this is my third FitBit Ionic. It has replaced two previous units which both went the same way. I do swim and shower in it because it is advertised as waterproof. That’s part of why I bought it as I swim and/or sail most days. I believe it’s not really waterproof and am awaiting FitBit’s response on this.

Best Answer

I have had not one but 2 Ionics fail the same exact way. The only thing more disappointing than the product is the lack of standing behind the product from Fitbit. I was offer a 35% discount off of another device, but it can't be used for the only 3 similar devices they have available. Maybe that is a sign that I need to move on from Fitbit after being a loyal customer for over 7 years. 

Best Answer

It worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me  - On the first of January 2021 my Ionic had an issue registering my HR - green light was on but HR was grey on the display - after troubleshooting - resetting, cleaning contacts etc. I chatted with Fitbit support.  They were helpful in trying to do the same steps - and then asked me to do a factory reset.  I did and the device would not come back.  I worked with them again and the rep essentially said it no longer works and is defective.  Asked how long I had had it,  it was out of the year warranty and that they would offer a 35% discount code for a new device. Ok, not happy that I have to buy a new device after a year and 7 months but at least they gave me a discount right  . . . Nope cant use it on an equitable device like a Versa 3 - what a crock. and the reply is just  - sorry that is the corporate policy those devices are new and cant be discounted. Agree with you  - Maybe that is a sign that I need to move on from Fitbit after being a loyal customer for many years.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I am having this exact problem. My Ionic just stopped working this morning, I can see the screen is dimly lit behind but that's it. Restarting and resetting have had no effect.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Best Answer
Unless it’s under warranty you can just trash it cause there’s nothing you can do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem, can you please help me too?

Many Thanks 

Brian

Best Answer

Hello, my Fitbit ionic display is not working too. The same problem of @sergeiakhmetov . I also made the same procedures of reset/ full factory reset.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi, I havent been able to get my ionic working since it suddenly just stopped working after a normal charge. The dotted triangle appeared on the  screen display and comes and goes. It doesn't sync with my iphone 6. I rang Fitbit support this afternoon and went through the various checks (update to date phone etc ) the operator dropped out and I did not get a return call (which the recording suggested I would in the situation). I have tried re syncing (as recommended by fitbit moderators) , I have been successful doing that but it keeps showing "data not cleared, sync and try again". I have done this several times without any success.It it evenually works do I loose my history and how can I get a resolutiuon to this please.

Can you help??

Update:

The Ionic screen is not the only problem the unit is not responding at all, why did it just stop? In reading other folks feedback it seems that this unit has some common fault!

I am not happy with the help from Fitbit and even the feedback their forms dont provide options which suit what I wanted to say above my problem. I don't know how they can determine their real isssues if there is no clarity in customer issues. I am unhappy that the feedback todate as it has not helped me fix my iconic which is less than 12 months old.A pity because the unit itself was quite useful.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I see where your disappointment is coming from. If you're experiencing this issue, please try our troubleshooting instructions including a restart in this article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? You can also try switching to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

If you continue experiencing difficulties, please contact our Support team for further assistance. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone. They will do their best to help you and review your options according the Fitbit Warranty.

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer