Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic displaying 0%

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was fine, had charge.  Then it shut off.  Had to hold all buttons to turn on.  Got logo, then it went away. Screen was on but blank.  Synced and it updated some steps I did to test it.  Showed 99% charge on app.  Plug in cable to see what charge was and said 0%  left plugged in for 30 mins and checked and it was off.  Held 3 buttons. Logo comes on then back to blank screen, but can see that it is on.  Help please!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I am having similar issues with mine. Now and again it'll display 0% , sometimes my bluetooth can find it but cant sync. Very annoying , this is my 3rd Fitbit after previous issues with charge 2 . If you get an answer let me know 😆

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic got crazy out of nowhere last night, worked OK during the day then all of a sudden while I was working on my desk started vibrating every couple of minutes, changing screens, unresponsive to screen touch, caused my phone to drop a couple of calls. It reset itself a couple of times and I reset it a couple of times but went back to the same within a minute. The battery when down faster than it can be charged and before I could try turning it off died off. It had a little bit over a year of use. I was pretty happy with it then this happened out of the blue. Any help Fitbit? BTW it is ridiculous to do customer support via Twitter, you need to set up an email for tech support. I don't want to be on Twitter or Facebook. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Nowork65ionic @Holliejane and @rafter94, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for all the details that were shared in each of your posts. Since your Ionic devices are still displaying 0%, this means that the device is in fact with charge and the display is working as it should. Therefore, the first steps to resolve this issue will be to try our restart process and then, if the issue persists, please follow the next steps to perform a factory reset:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

I'll be here if further assistance is needed, let me know if you have any additional questions as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It showed 0% one time, never since. Nothing on display. Can’t see anything to do anything. It won’t turn on at all now. From I’ve read this is a widespread problem.

Mahalo,

Richard
Best Answer

That's just what happened to me, the battery went down to 0% so fast, even while charging that it didn't give me time to do a factory reset that I was trying unsuccessfuly to do in the few seconds after a reboot before the Ionic went unresponsive again. Since that moment is completely dead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't got the chance although I tried because the battery drained way too fast and I only had a few seconds after each of the multiple self-reboots of the Ionic to try that maneuver. When the battery was drained even while on the charger it was too late, the thing was dead. Left it on the charger the whole night and still dead. Tell me where I can send it for you guys to do a forensic assessment. I have a new one but with  Square Trade insurance this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes