Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic doesn't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to charge my ionic fitbit.The cable is correctly pluged in a USB port; no information appears on the screen: neither battery % nor the fitbit logo; anything. I have already press both buttons and nothing happens; i've tapped the screen and nothing again... May i ahve your help? thanks a lot.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Snevesm! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go! Robot Very Happy

While reading your post I was wondering if by any chance you stopped using your Ionic for a while? If so, what I guess here is that probably your tracker ran out of battery. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour? Even if you don't get anything on the screen I'd recommend charging your tracker at least 1 hour to see if the battery icon comes up after that period of time.

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen or press any button to check the battery level. 

User-added image

If after the 1-2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charge your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

I'd also try restarting your Ionic once more by following these steps

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your welcome email and your collaboration.

In fact my fitbit is pluged for more than 2 hours.... and nothing have appeared in the screen. I have checked already the cleaning instructions and i have pluged it again, nothing....

the USB port is fiable (my computer) and again nothing appears in the screen...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @Snevesm! I was about to create a Fitbit Support case on your behalf, but I've seen that you've taken the time to reach them out already. So, I have just updated your case with additional information so they can have more details of what you've been experiencing so far. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks  a lot for your help. i will be waiting their contact to find a solution...

again, many thanks for the support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anytime @Snevesm, it's always a pleasure! Woman Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a great week! 

Best Answer
0 Votes