Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic doesn't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had issues with it not wanting to charge if run completely dead since I bought it but have always had luck getting it to start eventually.  Now it won't start charging at all.  I have tried holding the home and bottom buttons for 15 seconds.  Nothing.  I have tried multiple chargers and the screen does not light up to show its charging. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @dob652010.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and recommend following our complete troubleshooting instructions in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me, only had it 4 days, and it will not charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Nenkaman.

I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. If you haven't tried, please follow our troubleshooting tips in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

Hope this gets you back on track. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't want to seem ungrateful, but as most people would, I read posts first and attempted all the different ways of getting it going again, nothing seems to work, so telling to check the ports for dirt on a 4 day old watch, or other such obvious ideas, really is no help, Customer support for me, or just return it, disappointed

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Nenkaman.

I understand how you are feeling and thank you for confirming that you've tried already our complete troubleshooting instructions. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. They will evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected. 

See you around.

Best Answer

Really disappointed with fitbit, never buying or recommending them again. First ever swim with it and now it no longer charges. Tried all the suggestions. Fitbit will not replace it, very unhappy with them. They advertise the ionic as a water resistant smart watch. This is a lie, they are not water resistant. Do not buy one they are simply not fit for purpose. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @PDbuUK.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and comments. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and we take every feedback as a learning and improvement opportunity for our products. I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope to keep you in the Fitbit family.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

I was able to get it to charge.  I have a aerosol can of electrical connection contact cleaner at home.  Sprayed and wiped but the cable and watch and it took off.

Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @dob652010.

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue and thank you for sharing what you did as it may help other members in the same situation. I appreciate your time and efforts and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit device is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update my Fitbit device?

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer