Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic dying

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm almost certain that my 3.8 year old Ionic is dying.

The recent problem with the disappearing laps icon had an easy fix - thanks, Forum!

But as of yesterday, it has gotten very finicky about turning on the display when I raise the device. And it says I didn't take any steps in the last 24 hours(!) and it is reporting no sleep overnight.

Time to buy a new watch, right?

Of course this is happening right after I bought 3 new wrist straps. Anyone want them, size small?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @Canucklecabeza! Sounds like a pretty good run on the Ionic! I'd certainly say it's worth trying to power cycle and all that fun troubleshooting. In the long term, I would suggest trying out the Sense, if you're looking to stick with Fitbit. It has pretty much all the same features (and more) as the Ionic, including on-board GPS.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Canucklecabeza- if the restart, from the Settings menu, About Shutdown, waiting 10 seconds and then placing on the charger to restart and charge it doesn't work and you do decide to get a new one, go for a Versa 2, there are too many problems with the Sense [and Versa 3] if you are coming from a reliable Ionic, like heart rate doesn't work properly, vibration is very poor, floors don't count right, and many issues with the battery and even the faces falling off.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks MakMak and Guy_. Quick responses!

After a restart (hold down the back button and bottom button) a few steps have shown up. Looks promising. I have managed to get up my step goal for the first hour of the day!

Interesting that the Ionic manual doesn't mention "shutdown"... but thanks to your clear directions, Guy_, I have done that power cycle.

I guess the sleep report from last night will be lost. Fingers crossed for tonight!

Best Answer