Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic exercise tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am interested in knowing if the ionic tracker will be set up to track kayaking? I currently track my distance and calories burned using my phone's app and transfer the information to the fitbit app to get the heart rate info. It would be much easier if I didn't need to do the extra steps. I am looking forward to not having to worry so much about getting wet. Currently use alta hr.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I have no idea, but I can say the open SDK means that anyone can create apps for the ionic. If you have a programming background you can even create an app just for you and your friends. If you don't have a programming background; I'll bet you might know someone who does. In fact if you've ever created a web page  you could probably use the software to develop your own kayaking app. I'm making a few assumptions about the software development kit here, but it looks like the open SDK is going to a huge feature of this watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope they add it. With paddle sports gaining more of an audience, it would be great to track it. Plus I hate that I can paddle 3 miles and only get credit for 1500 steps....

Best Answer

I hope they add kayaking to the trackable exercises like swimming, running, walking and biking. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @angelady75! We have our Feature Suggestion board, where you can post your ideas. These are reviewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this that people can vote and comment to support them. 

I found that your suggestion has been already posted Add Canoeing/Kayaking/Paddle Boarding as an Exercise Shortcut. Have you voted for it? 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes