Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic heart rate falsely reading very high when in workout mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When my Ionic is in normal operation it seems to register my HR during activities with decent accuracy... Walking is around 90-110 bpm, running 130-150. However if I put it in "workout" mode and simply walk around, it will register a HR 150-170 bpm every time where it should be ~100. It seems triggered by walking specifically in workout mode and has been a consistent occurrence for the year-plus that I've had the device. If I'm in workout mode and not walking around, say during a lifting routine, the HR reading seems more accurate in that low hundreds range. Interestingly when I'm in "Run" mode the HR seems to work fine, and stays in that 130-150 window for my normal pace. 

I'm a healthy and relatively in shape 32 y/o male, so my real walking HR most certainly isn't peaking, rather it seems the Ionic software specifically when in workout mode is searching for something that's not there and filling in incorrect data. 

Anybody else experience this or know of any fix?

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Workout sent my heartrate over 200 and it was definitely not.  I noticed swinging my arms or moving them back and forth sent it up.  Then, when I switched to regular it was still recording hogh for awhile.  There must be some glitch.  Also, I noticed even when my mom was rubbing my back on regular mode it had my heartrate go into the 130s.  I noticed the spikes were happening every night when my back was being rubbed.  I think it was my wrist vibrating back and forth on my bed that caused false readings.  Even moving my arm back and forth in regular mode gets falsly high readings.  I am about to see if Apple works better, especially since I have been concerned about heart rhythm issues being too high and too low.  I don't need anything that falsely adds to my anxiety.

Best Answer
0 Votes